No announcement yet.

Adirondack Eats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caribbean Cowboy. Fantastic burgers, very good food generally. Full bar. Reasonably priced. Nice crowd, pretty good service. Not fancy. Shares a building with Saranac Sourdough (the Caribbean Cowboy is in the back), on the same side as and just past the Rite-Aid as you go from Lake Placid towards Saranac. Highly recommended

Comment

Originally posted by jhbeckman
      Caribbean Cowboy. Fantastic burgers, very good food generally. Full bar. Reasonably priced. Nice crowd, pretty good service. Not fancy. Shares a building with Saranac Sourdough (the Caribbean Cowboy is in the back), on the same side as and just past the Rite-Aid as you go from Lake Placid towards Saranac. Highly recommended
      What are their prices? Problem with Lake Placid is that you can usually get a good $5.00 sandwich for $9.00
      "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk
        What are their prices? Problem with Lake Placid is that you can usually get a good $5.00 sandwich for $9.00
        Only $9.00! You must eat at the cheap places in Placid during the off season.
        IT IS NOT A PARK
        IT IS THE ADIRONDACKS
        I WAS BORN HERE
        IT IS MY HOME
        IT IS WHERE I WORK

Comment

Noonmark Diner

Came back to LI from a week in the ADKS with my brother, his wife and three girls. We stopped by the Noonmark Diner this morning for breakfast despite all the negative stuff on this forum about it. I used to LOVE their blueberry pancakes and guess what? STILL DO! We had great food and it wasn't expensive. Service was fast and friendly.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Great meal!

Well, I'm back home in MN. On my way back to Syracuse, I stopped at the Buffalo Head Resturant ("Famous for food!") off of Hwy. 28 in Forestport and had a huge meal, well prepared, nicely served and under 20 bucks, with desert! Had the 16 oz. sirloin with salad and potato. It was done the way I wanted it, and the service was great, despite the huge crowd on Friday night. (and I still had enough meat for a sandwich the next evening--I had a cooler.) I know, technically, it's not in the forest preserve, but it's on the primary way in and out for a lot of folks. I'd never been there before and thought it was great.

There was a place in Tupper the night before, but I have to look up the name. It was really good too. I put on some much un-needed weight this trip.

Later,

Hans
            "Come to the Forest, where the other you lives!"

Comment

Stop by the Cascade Inn just south of the turnoff to Adirondack Loj. Every Saturday they have an all you can eat prime rib for $17.95. Boy did it taste good a couple of weeks ago after topping off the Macintyre Range.
              http://www.adkwildernessguide.com

Comment

I just got home last night from a week in the High Peaks----
                Here's my 2 cents.....
                Jimmy's 21 and Pete's Steakhouse on Main St. in L.P. were awesome- expensive.. But, we had great food and great service.. :headbang:

The Wilderness Inn II had pretty good food. If you had food at the bar it was cheap and a lot of food. For some reason everything was a lot more expensive when you sat in the dining room

Tail of the Pup--- We had an awesome lunch- it was fast and cheap...
                The server was a great girl. She had us laughing and she gave us some great trail advice. Best Pulled Pork sandwich I have ever had.

Lisa G's was cool- we did a lot of :drink: and everyone there was extremely friendly and fun. We actually came home with money too.

Now if your in the Old Forge/EagleBay/Inlet area---
                Go to the Eagle's Nest...
                It looks like an old Motel ( it is! They're fixing up as they go)
                The bar and restraunt are awesome...
                Bruce is the bartender... He's a lot of fun and he's very knowledgable about the area.
                We had three awesome meals last weekend. We had meals, apps and drinks and spent less than $15 a person.

OK, that's my 2 pennies..
                JULES
                Jules of Eagle Bay

Comment

Here's my list...

Keene Valley
                  Cliffhanger Cafe (lunch)
                  Noon Mark (breakfast - as long as you have the time - make sure you get the strawberry jam with the toast)

Between Keene and Keene Valley
                  Baxter Mountain Tavern - on Rte. 9N just over the top of the hill heading toward Elizabethtown - order the Baxter Mountain Burger

Lake Placid
                  LP Pub & Brewery
                  Jimmy's 21

Ausable Forks
                  Wobbly Moose - Excellent BBQ and fries
                  Trevy Gs - Suprisingly good pizza

Comment

Mountain View?

There used to be a cafe on the south side of the intersection of 9 and 9N in Elizabethtown. I used to like to eat there when we had our cabin in Moriah. I think it was called the Mountain View Cafe. (I know; there is one by the same name in Willsboro.) Is it still there? Or is it a real estate office like Wally's. too. Unlike the Noonmark, it had lots of room and better prices, too. The food was typical diner stuff, but it was pretty good.

Also, in Port Henry, on the Broad Street was a really good pizza place, just before you head down the hill (heading east) toward the lake.

Didn't get to that part of the Adirondacks in August. Maybe next time.

Hans
                    "Come to the Forest, where the other you lives!"

Comment

Originally posted by rondak100
                      There is a place near Chestertown I have not found yet, nut have heard great things about, It is called "The Place". I f anyone knows anything about it please share.

Mike
                      The place is excelent mike. I have been there many times, my parents use to own a littel place in chestertown. when you drive through chestertown and where 9 meets 8 you take a left and keep driving it will be down on the left. It has a generic sign that says the place. Cant miss it! Well i guessu can if my directions are wrong!
                      "It's not where your from, it's where your at."

Comment

Originally posted by johnstp
                        . . .
                        Noon Mark (breakfast - as long as you have the time - make sure you get the strawberry jam with the toast) . . .
                        Stock up on the Pie!!!!
                        "To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering" -Aldo Leopold

Comment

The Cellar in LL

There is another decent place to eat in Long Lake , beside a restaurant in Adirondack Hotel .
                          It is " The Cellar " . On right side of R30, if you go North, just after Mobil gas station . A dish is large and includes hot bread,butter and salad . Bar . Under $15 .
                          But they work only May - October

Comment

Working...
                          X