Clear All

Originally posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    46er Pale Ale
    Or their award winning IPA!
    http://viewsandbrews.com

Comment

Originally posted by Connecticut Yankee View Post
      I remember hearing of the Adirondack Cocktail being the following,

Rye whisky poured over the crushed leaves or the red berry bunches of wild sumac (not poison sumac), then strained and pored over ice...
      I've actually had "rhus juice" (from the scientific name of sumac), albeit without the rye. It needed a LOT of sugar - its a bit on the tart side!

Comment

As an amateur mixologist, I love the thought of this. For example, the joke that went around about the pilot of the plane that "safely crash-landed" in the Hudson: the Captain Sully: Two shots of Grey Goose, and a splash of water.

For an Adirondack cocktail, I suggest this:
        2 parts Tanqueray (some people find gin to be "pine" flavored)
        1 part Wild Turkey
        1 dash angostura bitters (lots of bitter herb flavor)

Mix, add a little club soda, and serve on the rocks (great suggestion!)

If you're feeling adventurous try to sink some blue curacao to the bottom to symbolize all the lakes. Plus it'll have a somewhat "bitter" drink end very "sweetly" like all fights in a new marriage!!

Comment

I'd infuse some vodka with spruce tips and go from there.

Comment

That would look great as a garnish, too

Comment

Anyone ever hear of the drink called Hoppes #9? It was served at Wildcliff Lodge on Cranberry Lake years ago... supposed to have been potent....

BTW,Hoppe was one of the owners of the Lodge, not a gun cleaning fluid...
              Be careful, don't spread invasive species!!

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
              Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23

Comment

Originally posted by chairrock View Post
                Anyone ever hear of the drink called Hoppes #9? It was served at Wildcliff Lodge on Cranberry Lake years ago... supposed to have been potent....

BTW,Hoppe was one of the owners of the Lodge, not a gun cleaning fluid...
                Magic Hat has a beer called #9. Their web site describes it as follows: #9 — Not Quite Pale Ale

A beer cloaked in secrecy. An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A sort of dry, crisp, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there's never been anything else quite like it.
                Steve

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander

Comment

Originally posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post
                  Magic Hat has a beer called #9. Their web site describes it as follows: #9 — Not Quite Pale Ale

A beer cloaked in secrecy. An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A sort of dry, crisp, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there's never been anything else quite like it.
                  Turn me on dead man.
                  “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

Originally posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post
                    Magic Hat has a beer...
                    I find the name of that brewery strangely appealing...

Originally posted by WinterWarlock View Post
                    Turn me on dead man.
                    The White Album does sound appropriate for a wedding...
                    Last edited by SummitHat; 08-12-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Wish I had gotten here sooner. The woodsman's martini, whiskey (your choice) with a touch of ADK maple syrup. On the rocks or up. It's good. I recommend Makers Mark. Don't over do the maple syrup.

Comment

Gator-aid & Vodka!

Though I like the spruce tips in Vodka idea.
                        Let there be peace on earth and good will toward all.

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."

William Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                        X