• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Breweries.. Lake Placid http://www.ubuale.com/

Great Adirondack Brewing http://www.brewerydb.com/brewery/3A5MHE

Not to be missed..Beer Cellar at Lake Clear Lodge

The page you were looking for could not be found. Please go back or try again.

you do not have to stay there to sample it.

My personal iconic ADK food is soft ice cream at Donnelly's on 86.

Comment

Try any of the daily soups at the Tap Room in Raquette Lake.

Comment

"Are there any breweries in the park?"

There's a new brewery opening in South Schroon called the Paradox Brewery.
          It will open next week or so.

"It's Pure Adirondack Beer"

Comment

The "Larry Burger" at the Tavern in Eagle Bay.

Best thing on the menu, and its the ONLY thing on the menu!

New local owners just took it over, but vow to keep the burger tradition going.

Comment

Red Dog Tavern's Armageddon Hot Sauce and Wings

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and leads on where and what to grub on! I might need a bigger canoe to accommodate my derrier after trying all the different foods.

Comment

Another question, but more about restaurants and bars... Any places with dog friendly patios? In less crowded areas?

Comment

LisaG's in Placid. It's near the train station so parking is much less of an issue. It's on a pond with waterfall. Lisa uses local ingredients.

Comment

Keyes Pancakes in Old Forge.
                      Give me the mountains, or give me death.

Comment

Well, the food is not iconic per se, but the experience of stocking up at Oscar's in Warrensburg ranks as "Adirondack." They make their own summer sausage, cervelat, link sausages, a variety of bratwust, smoke their own bacon, and provide jerky which is truly a staple on many camping trips. It may be the only place where you can get Landjager to chew on. I also second Hawkvittles.
                        "Days in the woods are days beyond time"--Paul Jamieson

Comment

Originally posted by l'oiseau View Post
                          Heh. I was just thinking that... and Mountain House, freeze dried veggies and fruit, gorp, granola bars.
                          How dare you compare Hawk's offerings to Mountain House??? You could be banned from the Adirondacks for that, if not NY.
                          Oscar Wilde:Work is the curse of the drinking class

Comment

It's all freeze dried to me, some are slightly better than others... In fact I'd rather have homemade freeze dried stuff than something from any company.

My first week long Wilderness trip in the 'dacks I ate Ramen, oatmeal, granola bars and some dry soups - oh and Kool Aid for drink mix. That was light and kept me buzzing along on sugar, starch and salt. I don't believe Hawk Vittles were even around back then... and that wasn't all that long ago!

Comment

Originally posted by l'oiseau View Post
                              It's all freeze dried to me, some are slightly better than others... In fact I'd rather have homemade freeze dried stuff than something from any company.

My first week long Wilderness trip in the 'dacks I ate Ramen, oatmeal, granola bars and some dry soups - oh and Kool Aid for drink mix. That was light and kept me buzzing along on sugar, starch and salt. I don't believe Hawk Vittles were even around back then... and that wasn't all that long ago!
                              Hawk does not use much sodium (THANK YOU). And while I like SOME Mountain house stuff, Hawk Vittles is a sizeable chunk of our upcoming three week trip menu. Bison Stew is simply the best as is Sierra Spaghetti and Breakfast Grits for me. There simply is NO comparison.

Comment

OK - well don't kick me out of NY!

Comment

Working...
                                X