High Peaks Hostel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by percious
    Its pretty ironic that I had recommended High Peaks Hostel to you before this all happened.

-percious
    Don't think that will happen again.....
    "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Here's a link to add comments about the hostel for people who have stayed there.

Comment

You know, I added a couple of posts yesterday, and I guess they did not meet the website's "approval" because they were not accepted. I guess they only take "good" comments.

-percious
        http://www.percious.com

Comment

Might take time for the comments to get posted. I checked through the site and there are some hostels with less then four and five star ratings.
          "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

obviously I rated them *

-percious

Comment

Wow Chris that's crazy what they did. I played the Mp3 in my dorm room in college....I got a really weird look from my roomie when all of a sudden the F-bomb was being dropped all over the place. Interesting business strategy. I was waiting for a "What do you think this is..? A Holiday Inn" Best part of the story is that people took you in. Must have been a relief
              Go take a hike

Comment

Originally posted by adamsets
                Interesting business strategy.
                Only if you're into Monkey Business.

[I can hear the chimp on the drumset now lol]

Comment

this helps

I was looking for a new hostel location for my annual winter trip--just to get closer to mountains I need for my winter 46. I'll avoid the High Peaks Hostel after hearing that message. DLHiker

Comment

Read the very last section in grey text. So well said that it deserves posting in this thread.

Comment

Kinda forgot about this thread until you brought it back up Kev...I just got done listening to the MP3 for the first time...OMG was that funny...I laughed for 5 minutes...

Comment

Kevin did you ever get a response from the e-mail you sent? If so I would be interested in hearing how they responded.

Comment

Originally posted by morrell12
                          Kevin did you ever get a response from the e-mail you sent? If so I would be interested in hearing how they responded.
                          I have received confirmation from others that the impact was felt, but neither Chris nor I have received any direct communications from anyone connected to the hostel.

My intent was to alert the tourism community in Lake Placid that this behavior was transpiring. What they do with that information is their own business.

Comment

I confirm. No backlash so far. I thought about filing for harrassment, but it seems like too much work. I guess these guys figure that they can just float on by without the internet, because they havn't replied here as they said they would.

-percious

Comment

Originally posted by percious
                              I confirm. No backlash so far. I thought about filing for harrassment, but it seems like too much work. I guess these guys figure that they can just float on by without the internet, because they havn't replied here as they said they would.

-percious
                              But that was before she realized that the message she left on your voice mail would be saved for public consumption.

The fact is that no matter what did happen, the oscene voice mail message is indefensible.

I mean what do you say? "Once a year my slutmouth inner child rears it's ugly tongue!" ?

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk
                                "Once a year my slutmouth inner child rears it's ugly tongue!"
                                That's a noteable quoteable if I ever read one. :drink:

Comment

Working...
                                X