Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake.

Comment

• Blue Moon Cafe - 55 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY.

Nice place for breakfast. Casual dining ... walk in, grab a coffee mug, fill 'er up at the coffee bar, and sit wherever you like. Very good service. The homemade corned beef hash is out of this world. Fabulous pancakes and omelets.

Out of a possible five sunny side up eggs, I give Blue Moon Cafe

Comment

• For Breakfast there is a place in Schroon Lake Called "Drakes Motel" that has a WICKED breakfast buffet on Sundays. EVERYTHING is good. They even have fresh fruit. Plates piled high with Sausage, Bacon, Home made Biscuits, Gravy, Eggs, Pancakes and just about anything else you'd want.

For bar food, Flanagans is my favorite. Penny, the owner is from FL and she is great. Decent prices too. They had two brothers that used to run it.. there was a HUGE fight in there, and tons of people went to the hospital... THen Penny took it over, and remodeled it and it's been great since. Got rid of most of that "Attic of Love" crowd. Great wings. Awesome burgers and fantastic french onion soup.

More expensive, but good seafood is a place called "Terrio's". YOu pay for your food there though. HUGE Shrimp Cocktails. There is an upstairs bar area were you can get all the stuff from the fine dining menu downstairs. When I was there, there was a few old timers jamming out on some fiddles, banjo's and an acoustic guitar. It was fun for sure.

For Pizza off exit 28 De Ceasars is great food, but NOT worth the money at all. I had a pizza, mozz stix and wings from there it was like 55.oo

I second the Lumberjack Inn in Tupper. Amazing breakfast.
        Well my style of stress relief
        Sometimes disturbs the peace
        The police show up
        And cut donuts in my yard
        And while the Zeppelin's playing loud
        They run off my party crowd
        They cuff up my wrist
        And throw me down so hard

Comment

• opinion on Schroon Lake

Jack, Thought I would update you, lol. Terrios is under new ownership and is now Witherbees I have to disagree with you on DeCesars. That is where all the locals go and you know what they say, go where the locals go. I find their prices just fine and the food great, especially the haddock and shrimp. I have never been to Drakes breakfast buffet on Sundays but it sounds wonderful! If you want breakfast anytime of any day go to Paradox General Store, 3 1/2 miles outside of town on 74.

Comment

• Great Range in Keene Valley -- where the Cliffhanger used to be.

Tip-a-Canoe in Keene, and the Cedar Run Bakery nearby.

Baxter Mountain Tavern on 9N near Keene.

and the Deer's Head Inn in Elizabethtown.

Will

Comment

• Just had dinner this past Sunday night at the Once Upon A Moose Cafe in Pottersville. Food was really good with a bar menu and the regular dinner menu. Prices varied from under ten to mid twenties with good size portions. Deserts were fantastic and if you like hot wings its the place for you. My lips are still tingling. Service was good but a little slow. The owners need to have more wait staff on hand. The ladies just couldn't be everywhere at once. Lucky Leprechaun in Olmstedville has great food and is reasonably priced. Thier pizza is GREAT!

Ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildernessphoto View Post
                When I'm in Tupper Lake, I stop at the Lumberjack Inn on Rt. 3. They serve breakfast all day, and it comes on a platter. You eat well for the $3-$6.00 price. I've been going there for years, and enjoy it.
                Lumberjack Inn on Rt. 3.

It's the place!! for a hungry out the woods and on the way home breakfast

Esp when your egress is under adverse weather conditions....so nice!!! a stop!

WbW
                wbwells

Ever notice that the people who are late
                are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

Comment

• Originally posted by wbwells View Post
                  Lumberjack Inn on Rt. 3.

It's the place!! for a hungry out the woods and on the way home breakfast
                  We used to go to the Lumberjack quite a bit. The food is good and adequate, but ohhhhh, the extremely long wait to get served on several occasions drove us away. Approaching an hour wait to get breakfast served is just too long no matter how good it is.

Now we always stop at the Swiss Kitchen instead, just down the street (south) from Stewarts on the same side of the street. It's more of a diner style than a large room restaurant, but it offers plenty of great home-cooked style food at a great price.
                  "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

• Lumberjack good, but opens late!

Stopped at the Lumberjack last fall on get-away day and had a fantastic breakfast. Highly recommended. Thought we would load up there before climbing Seymour last month and were disappointed to learn that they don't open until 7am! What's a hiker to do? (breakfast sandwiches and coffee from Stewarts.)
                    Steve

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander

Comment

• Originally posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post
                      (breakfast sandwiches and coffee from Stewarts.)
                      I'm a big fan of the last second Stewarts sandwiches

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeannie View Post
                        Jack, Thought I would update you, lol. Terrios is under new ownership and is now Witherbees I have to disagree with you on DeCesars. That is where all the locals go and you know what they say, go where the locals go. I find their prices just fine and the food great, especially the haddock and shrimp. I have never been to Drakes breakfast buffet on Sundays but it sounds wonderful! If you want breakfast anytime of any day go to Paradox General Store, 3 1/2 miles outside of town on 74.
                        I have a friend who agrees more with you than me, but me and him are not in the same tax bracket. He own's a camp two doors down from Decesars and he loves it. I thinnk he just dosent have the will power to stay away when they fire up the sauce and melting mozzorella cheese. When I'm at his camp I find it hard to resist myself. When Pizza and wings becomes a car payment, it's just too much for me though.

I had heard from a friend that Terrios was under new ownership. I used to come from Watervliet to schroon, and would pass it when I got off of ext 27. Now I live in Plattsburgh, so I come from ext. 28 side, and don't really go down that far much anymore. Most of my activities are on Hoffman rd, and over at Sportys in Minerva. Just got home from his Lobster Bake this weekend. That was a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Well my style of stress relief
                        Sometimes disturbs the peace
                        The police show up
                        And cut donuts in my yard
                        And while the Zeppelin's playing loud
                        They run off my party crowd
                        They cuff up my wrist
                        And throw me down so hard

Comment

• China Wok in Tupper Lake, 99 Park Street, in the old downtown area.

We had lunch there over the weekend and were pleasantly surprised.
                          The decor is terrible,the service was friendly but slow.
                          The pork egg foo young and General Tso's chicken lunch special were excellent!
                          Prices were reasonable. Takeout is available,and probably better than eating in such drab surroundings.
                          I told 2 local friends about the place and I got identical responses,"Great food.Lousy decor."
                          Be careful, don't spread invasive species!!

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
                          Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23

Comment

• Originally posted by chairrock View Post
                            China Wok in Tupper Lake...

The decor is terrible...
                            Can't be any uglier than that old abandoned factory in the middle of town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie View Post
                              Blue Moon Cafe - 55 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY.

Nice place for breakfast. Casual dining ... walk in, grab a coffee mug, fill 'er up at the coffee bar, and sit wherever you like. Very good service. The homemade corned beef hash is out of this world. Fabulous pancakes and omelets.

Out of a possible five sunny side up eggs, I give Blue Moon Cafe
                              I love the Blue Moon Cafe! Looncry

Comment

• Broadway Pizza!

Voted best pizza in Saratoga and I agree! New choices everytime and very tasty!

Comment

Working...
                                X