Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack History and Folklore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
ganeale58

Question History of Cedar River Flow/Buell Brook/Dillion Brook

I am looking for any information out there about the logging operations on Cedar River Flow, as well as the old logging camps on Buell/Dillion/Little Squaw Brooks.

I hunt/Camp/Hike this area every year, and I am always amazed at the old timbers, nails, and remnant roads that I find in the woods. I have even found an old marked trail that is no longer maintained on Buck Mountain.

I have visited the old hunting camp on Little Squaw Brook, nothing left but an old van now. I seem to remember that this camp was a leased camp, and its lease ran out a few years ago.

I know that I am not the first to find these treasures, I am just curious if anyone out there has any information about them. I have the older topo maps (1899 and 1954). I have a freind that has a video from the logging days as well. I am just looking for more!

Thanks for your help in advance
ganeale58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buell brook, cedar river flow, dillion brook, little squaw brook