Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #21
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

Yeah like 10.50 a dozen. The fat heads when i got them were not to bad i can deal with 2$ a dozen. Woods and waters the new shop in town should be getting bait sooner than later. I cant afford these prices. About to start leaving tip ups at home and only use what i catch for them on the jig sticks.
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #22
ADKpikebuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ball View Post
Yeah like 10.50 a dozen. The fat heads when i got them were not to bad i can deal with 2$ a dozen. Woods and waters the new shop in town should be getting bait sooner than later. I cant afford these prices. About to start leaving tip ups at home and only use what i catch for them on the jig sticks.
Blue line is ridiculous when it comes to minnow prices, but I’ll most likely still buy them when I’m back in town next week

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "

Last edited by ADKpikebuster; 12-19-2018 at 09:31 PM..
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:37 PM   #23
SacandagaSchout

Hey everybody, how is the ice right now? These warm spells doing much damage?

Merry Xmas
SacandagaSchout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:28 PM   #24
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

Plenty of ice in the saranac lake region.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:59 AM   #25
Adironzach

Southern ADKs shorelines have froze back up for the most part. Didnt have any issues getting onto the lakes i fished today (Indian & Piseco).
Adironzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:58 AM   #26
smhmmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adironzach View Post
Southern ADKs shorelines have froze back up for the most part. Didnt have any issues getting onto the lakes i fished today (Indian & Piseco).
Did you put any on the ice at either spot?
smhmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:32 AM   #27
Adironzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhmmc View Post
Did you put any on the ice at either spot?
Caught a handful perch on Indian, then moved to Piseco where i was able to land my first ever Laker! Just a little guy but still ill take a new species any day of the week. Looking forward to getting back out there soon to get something much more picture worthy haha
Old 12-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #28
smhmmc

Very cool!
smhmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #29
wildbrookies

So,Adironzach, Indian Lake has good ice to get on and off? Any snow on top of the ice? Did you fish the north,south or middle of the lake? Sorry for all the questions ,thinking of hitting Indian soon. Thanks

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #30
Adironzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
So,Adironzach, Indian Lake has good ice to get on and off? Any snow on top of the ice? Did you fish the north,south or middle of the lake? Sorry for all the questions ,thinking of hitting Indian soon. Thanks

WB

No worries! I parked at the lewey lake launch at the inflow on the south end of the lake. There is the discolored ice along the shoreline, about 10í in width, but itís all locked up. Didnít have any issues at all getting on. There were a few spots I found that only had 6-7Ē of ice so definitely pay attention. There was one other party I saw on the lake and they were also on the south end. About a mile up from the inlet on the western side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #31
Adironzach

[QUOTE=Adironzach;272349]No worries! I parked at the lewey lake launch at the inflow on the south end of the lake. There is the discolored ice along the shoreline, about 10í in width, but itís all locked up. Didnít have any issues at all getting on. There were a few spots I found that only had 6-7Ē of ice so definitely pay attention. There was one other party I saw on the lake and they were also on the south end. About a mile up from the inlet on the western side.

Forgot about the snow cover, only about .5Ē on top of the ice. Very minimal with bare ice in spots where it got blown off. I kept my micro spikes on all day for traction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2019, 07:19 PM   #32
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

Just an update. Bite has been super slow and fishing in general poor in the tri lake area. Lots of snow with more on the way tonight. Fished ampersand bay in saranac lake last night. About ankle deep snow on the big lake most wind blown. Slushy in spots almost just as deep as the snow where the slush was present. Id guess smaller ponds more snow more slush.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #33
SacandagaSchout

Guys, it looks like the weather up there has been pretty crummy. Wondering about ice fishing this weekend and next. How is the ice holding up, particularly in the southern Dacks?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:18 PM   #34
joeDacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacandagaSchout View Post
Guys, it looks like the weather up there has been pretty crummy. Wondering about ice fishing this weekend and next. How is the ice holding up, particularly in the southern Dacks?
Did you go up this weekend? What was the status fo ice where you were? I heard we're getting another foot of snow this Tuesday/Wednesday and potentially freezing rain/brief warm-up on Friday. I hope not! Planning to get out for the long weekend.
joeDacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #35
joeDacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacandagaSchout View Post
Also, I was at Garnet Lake last weekend and there was ~24" of ice - about 10 white/soft ice and 14+ of good ice.
joeDacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #36
SacandagaSchout

Nice.

Did not make it up this past weekend, but planning on spending this coming weekend out on the ice. Hopefully I'll have some pics to show for it.