Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
KurtVon

Allen, Cliff, and Seymour in Video form!

I don't feel like writing out a trip report. It's been a long day so far. Will mention a few things then let the video tell the rest.

I'm nearing my 46er and had some peaks that needed to get done. Allen, cliff, and Seymour. I'm saving Dix for last. It has been a goal of mine to finish my 46er on my 21st b-day which happens to be on the june 12th weekend, so memorial day weekend was the only opportunity i would have to get up to the ADKs to finish the ones I would still need. Long story short, it was a very tiring trip. I hike many hours, many miles. I actually enjoy it though except for the those damn black flies

It was an awesome weekend though!!

VIDEO HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftuZKbjmI08
"To live only for some future goal is shallow. Itís the sides of the mountain which sustain life, not the top. Hereís where things grow. But of course, without the top you canít have any sides. Itís the top that defines the sides. So on we go...we have a long way...no hurry...just one step after the next...."

www.kurtvon.com
KurtVon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
PA Ridgerunner
Just a hiker...

Nice. When were you on Cliff? We were there on Saturday.
Might see you on Dix on the 12th.

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander
PA Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
adkdremn
Dreamin I'm there....the ADKS!

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I always seem to check this forum right after you post some really great stuff. You've got a real artistic ability for pictures, video, etc. Really enjoy your stuff. Who and what was that song? Very emotional. Really pulled at me and my emotional side as I'm nearing my finish also. I too will be finishing on Dix sometime this summer. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
KurtVon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkdremn View Post
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I always seem to check this forum right after you post some really great stuff. You've got a real artistic ability for pictures, video, etc. Really enjoy your stuff. Who and what was that song? Very emotional. Really pulled at me and my emotional side as I'm nearing my finish also. I too will be finishing on Dix sometime this summer. Good luck!
thanks a lot. Photography and film have been that escape for me from the less creative world of finance and school. I'm actually planning on filming my entire 2nd roundtrip pursuit of the ADK46 on HD video and hopefully will create a DVD out of it one of these days.

that song was by city and colour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjhdHX8pMo

Goodluck with DIX!!! I cannot wait to finish my last peak this coming weekend will be quite an accomplishment for me!!
"To live only for some future goal is shallow. Itís the sides of the mountain which sustain life, not the top. Hereís where things grow. But of course, without the top you canít have any sides. Itís the top that defines the sides. So on we go...we have a long way...no hurry...just one step after the next...."

www.kurtvon.com
Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
adkdremn
Dreamin I'm there....the ADKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtVon
Goodluck with DIX!!! I cannot wait to finish my last peak this coming weekend will be quite an accomplishment for me!!
Thanks! And good luck to you too this weekend!! Hopefully you'll have great weather. I'm gonna have to remember to check in here for your trip report. Have you ever checked out www.adkhighpeaks.com ?? You should join and post there too!
Thanks also for introducing me to City and Colour! Really great stuff!!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
viewseeker
Wright 2-18-12

congrats, your so close... all three of us have Planned Dix for our final, it was awesome in the winter..Ill be thinking about your day while im starting the NPT this weekend, congrats on your finish again, ahead of time.

EDIT: awesome powerful video, keep it up...
CL-50 #51
CATSKILLS 9/35
NPT--Complete 7-6-13
viewseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
ADK_Dreamer

I really enjoyed this. What a great idea. I am a classical musician, so don't know this piece of music you selected (although I'm guessing it might be called 'Comin' Home'). Your choice of music was excellent and placement of still photos.

Where was that final water fall at end of video? Looked very tempting for a swim!

Funny, I am from Toronto, but whenever we drive down the opening stretch of highway and especially into the Loj (about 9 years now), I have this overwhelming sensation that I'm 'Comin home'. It makes no sense, but there is a warmth and feeling of relaxtion that takes over.
ADK_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
PA Ridgerunner
Just a hiker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_Dreamer View Post
...Funny, I am from Toronto, but whenever we drive down the opening stretch of highway and especially into the Loj (about 9 years now), I have this overwhelming sensation that I'm 'Comin home'. It makes no sense, but there is a warmth and feeling of relaxtion that takes over.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander
PA Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
KurtVon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_Dreamer View Post
I really enjoyed this. What a great idea. I am a classical musician, so don't know this piece of music you selected (although I'm guessing it might be called 'Comin' Home'). Your choice of music was excellent and placement of still photos.

Where was that final water fall at end of video? Looked very tempting for a swim!

Funny, I am from Toronto, but whenever we drive down the opening stretch of highway and especially into the Loj (about 9 years now), I have this overwhelming sensation that I'm 'Comin home'. It makes no sense, but there is a warmth and feeling of relaxtion that takes over.
thanks a lot! The end waterfall is at hanging spear falls, 1 mile south of flowed lands. Thought the song was fitting. I just posted a new video too. Hopefully it's just as good

www.kurtvon.com

Tags
allen, cliff, seymour