Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Biking in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
magillacuddy

Moreau Park / Spire Falls MTB Ride Fri 7/12?

Hi,
Anyone interested in doing about a 2-3 hour Spire Falls MTB ride this Friday? If so PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited by magillacuddy; 07-08-2013 at 04:58 PM..
magillacuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

The first century ride that I ever participated in did a loop with Spier Falls Rd, a looping CW tour through Saratoga county...All through the ride there was talk of the "fabled" Spier Falls climb. Guys in the group (I was in the 2nd pack, not confident enough to ride with the jack rabbits) described it as climbing telephone poles for 3 miles!!
I was pretty nervous on the approach. Part way up, there's a pull off (for spring water, IIRC) and there were many guys already smeared at the roadside...massaging bad kneees, strecthing hamstrings, nursing calf cramps. It was like a battle zone!
I kept a cautious pace, waiting for the steepest pitch...I was over the top without even realizing it.

Anyway, I have to work (as always) but thanks for the memory trigger...
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
magillacuddy

I'm going to try the loop in this review: http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...4_4566crx.aspx

Anyone who wants to try it out (or has a better spot) let me know.
magillacuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
cityboy

stripperguy, thanks for making me feel good. I used to do that climb once a year in my younger years and never had a problem. Maybe I'll try it again for old times sake.
cityboy is offline   Reply With Quote