Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
AdkExplorer

Question Caves of Chimney Mountain

I've done one trip up the mountain so far, and going back next week. We ventured off the trail and found severeral of the smaller caves. We also easily located Eagle, although it was closed for the season (and still is through April 30th).. I have a few maps (McMartin, Carroll, and a redrawn compilation of the two by Higgins). Does anyone have any particular directions to Bajus and Rotunda caves? I have a general idea, but there are a few trails that go left of the main trail.. Do either of these go to any of the entrances of either caves? I've searched for exact coordinates, but no luck. If anyone has any specific directions from the main trail, or Eagle cave entrance I would appreciate it!
AdkExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
MarqueKugs
Catch, Release, Repeat

The best way to find the caves on Chimney is to go on a hot day and sense them. I was shown as a kid up there that if you sit and detect the wind that you can feel where the cold air is coming from (the caves). It amazes me that it can be 98 degrees out and there is solid ice inside the caves. Be careful, it can be dangerous up there.
MarqueKugs is offline   Reply With Quote