Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Current Affairs and Environmental Issues > Current and Historical Affairs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #101
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

I also noticed this in the UMP:

Quote:
The baseline mileage for roads in this UMP is what was legally open for public use at the time of the adoption of the APSLMP in 1972.
This would seem to indicate that that what is proposed in the UMP as far as mileage of open roads is actually the same as what was legally open to the public in 1972. According to The Forest Preserve: A Handbook For Conservationists, 26.2 miles were gifted to the state in 1964 for the purposes of Fish and Game Management. According to the UMP (Appendix 2, Facilities Inventory), 37.95 miles of roads on the MRP are currently open to public motor vehicle use. After the UMP is implemented, this will drop to 27.97 miles, still in excess of the 26.2 miles that were gifted. The bulk of this decrease is the closure of 2.3 miles of Indian Lake Road, and the Otter Brook Truck Trail (4.05 miles, which really doesn't count because it's been gated for 30 years due to it's poor condition). So, granted, it's not he same 26.2 miles, but the public will still have more motor vehicle access than what the gift originally allowed for.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #102
40dog

Dsettahr the reason to post it again is there is always something to say about it.We let the roar die down then post again and look some high quality interpretive remarks by you . To bury these discussion completely and forget about them would just reduce the new posts even more here on the forum. i guess if someone doesn't want to discuss it then don't bother reading and commenting. Dsettahr good job as always with your interest and understanding of the written regulations. i believe the original idea was to close the rock dam road and then Indian lake road from the bridge on to the lake . mrp area dose get busy some times. many APA changes are contingent on impact from use with the rising fuel prices the mrp just might not see much increase in attendance / use
40dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #103
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Similar MRP threads have now been merged...keep it within the rules, gang.

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #104
Creekwader
Snag Locator

closing the Indian Lake Road (access to some of the best trout fishing in the northeast)

Huh?
Creekwader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #105
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
Dsettahr the reason to post it again is there is always something to say about it.
I agree. I just felt that the discussion should have continued in the original thread. Having 2 threads on the same subject featured so prominently in the forum would've lead to confusion.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #106
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSettahr View Post
I agree. I just felt that the discussion should have continued in the original thread. Having 2 threads on the same subject featured so prominently in the forum would've lead to confusion.
That's what I'm here for - I'm a giver.

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #107
40dog

Has anyone heard of the states intentions on the opening in may . I'm wonder if there is going to be a delay or not on unlocking the gates. as always weather will be a big factor i'm sure.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #108
40dog

If you read the new york outdoor news .The march issue has a article on pg4 . CFAB -Conservation fund advisory board spares with the nys conservation council about misleading info around the mrp changes. Deliberate distribution of false information regarding mrp proposal. I Hope this is new enough for some of you . I know many want to bury this topic . I hate getting beat up for dusty info. This is about as fresh as it gets.

" This should be in a new thread titled moose river plains after the vote or maybe tittled after the axe"
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #109
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
If you read the new york outdoor news .The march issue has a article on pg4 . CFAB -Conservation fund advisory board spares with the nys conservation council about misleading info around the mrp changes. Deliberate distribution of false information regarding mrp proposal. I Hope this is new enough for some of you . I know many want to bury this topic . I hate getting beat up for dusty info. This is about as fresh as it gets.

" This should be in a new thread titled moose river plains after the vote or maybe tittled after the axe"

Link?

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #110
40dog

The issue is presently on sale at local news stand and will not be available online free from their site until next moth . So you can pick a copy of new york outdoor news at a local news shop. Its on pg 4 . I tried folding the article up real small but still couldn't get it to fit in my SD card slot. LoL
Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #111
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
I know many want to bury this topic . I hate getting beat up for dusty info. This is about as fresh as it gets.
Please feel free to keep sharing. If people don't want to discuss it anymore, all they have to do is no longer check the thread!