Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Northville Placid Trail
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
rachelsdad

Long Lake Water taxi??

I'm finishing up my 5 yr segmented trip of the NPT. Very disjointed as my co hiker and I could never string more than 1 weekend together over the years. He finished at Tirrell Pond last year. That is where we started. The following year he did 28N to the tip of Long Lake and was (arranged prior to) allowed to exit on Forestry property.

Well, that is the only segment I have left and he is going to accompany me. We were planning on this Friday, hike north, spend the night and hike back down.

Now I have heard it is an easy very scenic...tho busy..hike. Not too thrilled with doing a yo-yo but we cannot get the access he had last time.

Soooo...how would one arrange a boat ride back? I posted this a few years back I think and the bring a 12 pack was the best answer...but I don't want to carry.

Any ideas???
rachelsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Cold River Bob
Bob in the Sewards

Try this, I've used them before years ago.

http://www.longlakemarina.com/
Cold River Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:17 AM   #3
dundee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelsdad View Post
... The following year he did 28N to the tip of Long Lake and was (arranged prior to) allowed to exit on Forestry property.
Exit on Forestry property? Who's property? Syracuse ESF? I asked about going in there years ago and was denied access. Maybe something's changed?

Last edited by dundee; 08-14-2016 at 11:10 AM..
dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:58 AM   #4
rachelsdad

He was an employee...but no longer...hence the need for the yo-yo!!

Thanks ColdRiver...that may be the ticket.
rachelsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Huntington Forest isn't actually owned by SUNY ESF (although ESF does manage and maintain the property). The property is actually privately owned by Syracuse University. It is not open to the public.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
99mtk35

We did this when I did the NPT with my kids a few years ago. We used Long Lake Boat Tours who took us right to Plumley Point. It is the same people that run the little food stand next to the town beach. It was reasonably priced as a remember and I think he was willing to assist with shuttling, although we did not need this and I can't recall for certain. His phone number is 518-624-3911
99mtk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #7
OntarioSkiBum

Could you take the helm's aero service and walk back to town?
OntarioSkiBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 AM   #8
Cold River Bob
Bob in the Sewards

We used Helm this summer both ways. It was neat seeing the Coldriver an area from the air
Cold River Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:16 PM   #9
dano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mtk35 View Post
We did this when I did the NPT with my kids a few years ago. We used Long Lake Boat Tours who took us right to Plumley Point. It is the same people that run the little food stand next to the town beach. It was reasonably priced as a remember and I think he was willing to assist with shuttling, although we did not need this and I can't recall for certain. His phone number is 518-624-3911

we used them in late july, dropped us off in plumleys, and picked us up right on time four days later
dano is offline   Reply With Quote