Cycle Adirondacks (organized ride)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Adirondacks (organized ride)

Wondering if anyone did this the last two years? I just found out about it now. It looks fantastic. A very nice video done on youtube, watch it in HD it's worth the wait even on a slow connection. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SrHbjBx-nQ

Website is http://www.cycleadirondacks.com/

The trip for '17 looks even better with multiple options and with two days in Keene Valley one could even be a hike combo! This is so much up my alley, but it's rather pricey (I think some cruises are cheaper!) and around here school is already back in session so kind of hard to leave my son unless I made some kind of arrangement with my ex, which I really don't want to be doing that, I mean pushing him off onto her so I can go play just isn't right. Well maybe in another 7 years or when he is on his own I hope this might be still around. I don't know maybe if I have some vacation left over I can trade a week with my ex or something. We'll see.
    Shoes not required

44/46 Almost there!
    26/46 barefoot
    ADK Black River Chapter

I have volunteered for this bike tour for the past two years. Each year it gets better and better. I am not a cyclist so I can only offer information that I hear directly from the riders themselves. Some have said that its the best bike tour they have ever been on in decades of cycling. This tour is special in that you are riding in the most beautiful part of this country but also getting a first class fully supported week of biking plus it directly supports conservation in the Adirondack park making it a win-win for everyone. You have many bike route options and off-bike options when you want a break from the bike. The food is amazing and you meet really fun and cool people from all over the country with similar interests. I plan on volunteering for the 3rd year, it will be the best so far based on the areas we will be in. If you can make it, I would highly recommend it based on the happy faces of the riders I see everyday on the tour. Hope that was helpful!

Comment

Sounds nice Cabin Girl. If I was local I'd consider volunteering too if I couldn't commit to the ride. I've never been on a supported tour, and only ever done overnight trip once - a 3 day ride self supported. I'm also signed up for the 18.12 Challenge in Watertown (18 mile running race) the weekend this finishes, I'm not sure I can handle both but I want to!
      Shoes not required

44/46 Almost there!
      26/46 barefoot
      ADK Black River Chapter

Comment

Price of 2017 Cycle Adirondacks

Where did you find out the price of the tour? I checked out the site and I couldn't find it.

Comment

Click on the "Book Now" tab in the upper right corner of the main page.

Comment

Working...
          X