2016 Black Fly challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creekwader View Post
    Other than a sand seized front derailleur for the trip up wilson ridge, fogged up glasses, and occasional rain/sweat in the eyes...it was a good race! Sounds like a bad accident on the Red River bridge, hope everyone was OK.
    Yeah, I removed my glasses at the top of Wakely, since they were just all fogged up anyhow.

I hadn't heard/seen anything about an accident at the Red River. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by mulveyr View Post
      Yeah, I removed my glasses at the top of Wakely, since they were just all fogged up anyhow.

I hadn't heard/seen anything about an accident at the Red River. Ouch.
      When I went through there, a couple guys were yelling at everyone to slow down because the planks were slick. At the end I heard a guy who finished ahead of me talking about how a guy went across the wooden planks too fast and wiped out which caused a guy behind him to also go down. That's all I heard.

Comment

I finished in 4 hours for my first attempt ever. It was one heck of an adventure. I need to be in way better shape if I'm going to do it again next year. My arms and shoulders got to hurting so bad I didn't think they would hold me up much longer. I blew up my front derailer with about 12 miles to go and had limited gears from there on out. Thing was loud as all heck. Passed out on the truck ride down to Forestport and went to the Buffalohead for dinner afterwords. Ate about everything on the menu. The southern Tier IPA's were cold, delicious and well deserved. After that it was back to camp and a nice hot campfire. Although by then the temp had gone up nearly 20 degrees from race time.

Comment

Originally posted by Creekwader View Post
          When I went through there, a couple guys were yelling at everyone to slow down because the planks were slick. At the end I heard a guy who finished ahead of me talking about how a guy went across the wooden planks too fast and wiped out which caused a guy behind him to also go down. That's all I heard.
          One of my friends went through just after it happened and said one guy hit his head and had a good amount of blood running down his face. We didn't hear anything after the race about the guy's injuries.
          ADKHP Wiki

Comment

2017 Black Fly Challenge

Hi all, anybody training for this years event? I have never done this but have an interest in trying it. This year Indian to Inlet. Please chime in if you plan to
            participate.
            ~ADK's UPHILL ON THE WAY IN & UPHILL ON THE WAY OUT~

Comment

I'm participating this year. As for training, well not as much as I'd hoped but I'll get some in once the rain abates.

Comment

I rode the dirt route yesterday. Road is soft. Cratered in spots. Town of Inlet had just york raked the last 5 miles out to Limekiln Road. Weather was delightful. If you like snow, rain, sleet....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1bluefin View Post
                  Hi all, anybody training for this years event? I have never done this but have an interest in trying it. This year Indian to Inlet. Please chime in if you plan to
                  participate.
                  Yep! My fourth year, and my 16-year-old's third. We're hoping it doesn't start out as rainy as last year. :-)

Comment

Looks like good weather for the Black Fly this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                    X