Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt Bike Shoes

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a brand of mt bike cycling shoes that come in men's EE width? Thanks.

Shimano M089 comes in a wide width. I can not personally recommend them but a friend has a pair and they have no complaints.

I Have SIDI wide road bike shoes which are very comfortable AND very expensive. Not sure if they make MTB shoes.

Comment

I do the majority of my biking in sandals and the remainder in steel toed boots, depending on the season. I have never really understood the purpose of bike shoes but I hope you'll be able to find something suitable.
      Zach

Comment

Zach

Bike shoes have "cleats" on the sole which lock into compatible peddles. This allows the cyclist to not only apply power on the down stroke but also on the upstroke allowing you to use your quads AND hamstrings. They also keep your feet from slipping off the peddles. There are other benefits in their design as well.

I know.......there seems to be "special" equipment for all our pursuits but bike shoes really do work well and necessary for the serious cyclist.

Comment

I have always thought of myself as more of a silly cyclist, but I do make an annual trip to the Adirondacks by bicycle which includes a 90+ mile day at the start, the last three years while pulling a canoe on a trailer. My feet are size 16 so I try to minimize the number of shoes I need to take when traveling, or to buy in the first place. Arnold Lobel wrote a number of children's books, one of which includes a poem which begins:

Boom, boom!
          My feet are large.
          Each shoe is like a garbage barge

and I have always felt that this describes me very well.
          Zach

Comment

Working...
          X