Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
adirondackcamper

A quick gear review

I have received all my gear I ordered online, so I just wanted to let you guys know what I think of it. I'll start with the pack.

Pack- USMC ILBE Arcteryx style assault pack. A lot of you guys were right as you stated this pack is HEAVY. But I still like this as I really only bought this as a back-up, as most ( if not all) of my friends don't have packs. So i'll just let them use this. It's about 88L or so it's huge. One of my hiking partners who make all the adirondack trips with me, is my buddy's uncle. He's very old school, and not into the latest and greatest gear, so this pack will be perfect for him to use. I may even sell it to him.
1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Tent- REI Passage 1. I returned this tent 2 days after I got it. I set it up in the living room, and quickly realized i'm not a 1 man tent kinda guy. I exchanged it for the REI Half Dome Plus 2. I'll update you guys when it arrives. It has more more floor space, so I should be happy with it

rei passage 1.jpg

Sleeping bag- EMS Mountain Light 0 degree. I love this bag. I can't wait to get up to the Adirondacks in April to try this. It compresses very small, I could probably get in packed down a little more then the pic. thanks for reading everyone. I hope you enjoyed this quick review. I have also order another pack to use as my primary. The Gregory Baltoro 65

ems mountain light 0.jpg
ems mountain light 0 2.jpg
adirondackcamper is offline   Reply With Quote