Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
eyesofthesouth57

Snow Conditions Lake George Area?

A few friends and I are heading up for the Festival of Barrels this weekend and I may try to squeeze a hike in before the drinking festivities. Any info about trail conditions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jerry
eyesofthesouth57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
dundee

Very light snow cover. Was up around Sleeping Beauty/Shelving Rock over the w/e and shoes were not needed. Some form of traction aid might be helpful in some spots, tho.
dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Nehasane

Hiked Berry Pond yesterday - 1/3 hard snow, 1/3 ice, 1/3 bare areas - used Microspikes throughout. As long as it stays below freezing & no new snow spikes are the way to go.
Nehasane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
dpc34

just bring your microspikes.....you may not use them....east side of lake must be almost snow free....may be some ice....hiked in MSP at 1000ft no ice and spikes were not needed....enjoy...will be at the base of Buck Mt on Tuesday....
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
eyesofthesouth57

Thanks all. This was just what I was looking for. We all have microspikes. I've never checked out Berry Pond before... Given the time constraints (3 hour drive from Jersey and beerfest starts at 1) that might be a prime option for us.

Thanks Again,

Jerry
eyesofthesouth57 is offline   Reply With Quote