Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > ADKHighpeaks Foundation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
adkjack
Admin

The 46ers Film

The ADKHighpeaks Foundation is proud and honored to host the premier of the 46ers film by Filmmaker Blake Cortright and Arche productions.
The date will be August 29 at the VIC at Paul Smiths. There will be a meet and greet with the filmmaker, cast and crew at a reception to be held prior to the screening. The event will be a fundraiser for the Foundation and Arche Productions.
Tickets for the event will go on sale soon and we will post beforehand how to purchase them.
More details to follow,
Here is a link to the films Facebook page and announcement
https://www.facebook.com/The46ersFil...828511312026:0
"Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
Ed Viesturs
adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
adkjack
Admin

Tickets go on sale 10:00 a.m. 7/17 more information at
the facebook page above or the website www.the46ersfilm.com
"Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
Ed Viesturs
Old 07-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
adkjack
Admin

Tickets On sale Now

To purchase go to
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-46e...ts-17662669520
Ed Viesturs
Old 08-11-2015, 06:25 AM   #4
Redbeard

Stoked about this film project! Sure hope there is an expanded release - at least down into PA : )
Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #5
adkjack
Admin

Hey Syracuse

The 46ers film has booked a screening at the Palace Theater in Eastwood on October 27

Details and ticket sales can be found here
https://www.facebook.com/events/725797660898336/
Ed Viesturs
Old 09-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
HPHikingmoo

Yes!!!!!! Thank you for sharing.
HPHikingmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
adkjack
Admin

Reminder to Syracuse Area Folks

A reminder that the Syracuse screening of The 46ersFilm is next Tuesday October 29th. Doors open at 6 film starts at 7 there will be merchandise available for sale and EMS is raffleing off a $50 gift card !
Tickets can be purchased here http://m.bpt.me/event/2321796
More about the movie hear www.the46ersfilm.com
More about the theatre here www.palaceonjames.com
Ed Viesturs
Old 11-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #8
reindeergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkjack View Post
The ADKHighpeaks Foundation is proud and honored to host the premier of the 46ers film by Filmmaker Blake Cortright and Arche productions.
The date will be August 29 at the VIC at Paul Smiths. There will be a meet and greet with the filmmaker, cast and crew at a reception to be held prior to the screening. The event will be a fundraiser for the Foundation and Arche Productions.
Tickets for the event will go on sale soon and we will post beforehand how to purchase them.
More details to follow,
Here is a link to the films Facebook page and announcement
https://www.facebook.com/The46ersFil...828511312026:0
I'm always months, if not years, behind on the forums here. So, any idea if there will be a screening in the Greater Boston area? Or will it be available for an online purchase?
reindeergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #9
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by reindeergirl View Post
I'm always months, if not years, behind on the forums here. So, any idea if there will be a screening in the Greater Boston area? Or will it be available for an online purchase?
It will be available for purchase, but not until after it airs on PBS...that date is still not finalized.

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #10
reindeergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarlock View Post
It will be available for purchase, but not until after it airs on PBS...that date is still not finalized.
Thanks!
reindeergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
eyesofthesouth57

Updates??

Has there been any movement on this?

Specifically pertaining to the broadcast or availability for purchase (DVD/BluRay)...

Down in NJ Cabin fever has definitely set in, despite the mild winter, and I am dying to see it.

Thanks,
Jer
22/46
eyesofthesouth57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #12
chriswebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofthesouth57 View Post
Has there been any movement on this?

Specifically pertaining to the broadcast or availability for purchase (DVD/BluRay)...

Down in NJ Cabin fever has definitely set in, despite the mild winter, and I am dying to see it.

Thanks,
Jer
22/46
Just wondering the same thing (7 months later) about if anyone heard anything about DVD availability. Not sure if it had ever actually aired on PBS yet?
chriswebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #13
gebbyfish

I've never seen it on PBS here in Saratoga Springs NY and I've messaged the Central NY PBS station that optioned it for their fall fund drive and all I got back was be patient, this fall 2016. Fingers crossed.
gebbyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #14
chriswebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebbyfish View Post
I've never seen it on PBS here in Saratoga Springs NY and I've messaged the Central NY PBS station that optioned it for their fall fund drive and all I got back was be patient, this fall 2016. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the response! And that is some good news that it may be coming out this fall on DVD! Crossing my fingers as well
chriswebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #15
gebbyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebb View Post
Thanks for the response! And that is some good news that it may be coming out this fall on DVD! Crossing my fingers as well
I'm thankful I was able to see it when they screened it in North Creek. Really gets you charged up to hike!
Old 09-13-2016, 09:00 AM   #16
SpencerVT

I really want to see this, hope it is available to watch soon!
SpencerVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #17
gearhead

I emailed PBS a couple months ago and never received a reply.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #18
gebbyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I emailed PBS a couple months ago and never received a reply.
I messaged their Facebook page a week ago. No response. Pretty pathetic that they can't just say, "Our fund drive is in (month) and you will be able to buy it then".
Old 10-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #19
Bib

I emailed Connie Cortright (the producer) back in May and she said that, in all probability, it would air in December to coincide with their pledge drives so they can make the DVD available for purchase when the film is aired.
Bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #20
gebbyfish

So much for it becoming available at Christmas time. No mention of it on Mountain Lake PBS's facebook page or website. My local PBS affiliate is quite busy with fund-raising. Maybe Mountain Lake is flush with cash! :P