No announcement yet.

Overnight advice - ADK Loj ->Lake Colden->Algonquin->ADK Loj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the up-to-date info Hilltop (and others)! You just solidified my notion that we should probably be camping somewhere else that night. There is no sense enduring the misery of what you describe just for the sake of doing a loop. A loop is nice, but lets not go crazy here! It will be a lot more enjoyable for me to camp at a closer lean-to on Friday night (Marcy Dam) and just do an out and back the next day.

Thanks again guys for your help! I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilltop Harrier View Post
      - We were thinking we would drop packs at the Avalanche lean-to, loop around the east side of Colden and come back north through the pass. We couldn't find the avalanche lean-to. It's there, just hidden.
      It was replaced a few years ago. The new lean-to is off the trail, up the hill to the west a few hundred feet.

Comment

Originally posted by DSettahr View Post
        It was replaced a few years ago. The new lean-to is off the trail, up the hill to the west a few hundred feet.
        Yeah, we spoke to a Ranger friend after we came out. He told us the same thing. I guess if we didn't get a Colden lean-to that night, I'd be a bit disappointed that we didn't find it. But everything worked out.

Thanks for the info
        "It is far better to be running in the mountains pondering the Lord, than to be sitting in church pondering running in the mountains." -ALTRjeff

Comment

Working...
        X