Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iroquois, Algonquin & Wright Peaks - 6/24/12

(cross posted on ADK High Peaks forum)

Made a 1st trip to Iroquois today with my wife Leesa. The weather turned out fine and stayed that way all day. What a nice peak Iroquois is Lots of people on Algonquin and Wright, but nobody on Iroquois. What a great peak to have to ourselves.

The Iroquois herd path was no problem at all, except one large muckhole near the beginning.

We were on the trail at 7:45 and out at 3:15; pleased with our day. On a side note, I'm always amazed at the numbers of people who head up Algonquin on a nice day with a T shirt, shorts and a water bottle. Usually they are OK, but I wouldn't chance it.

Iroquois makes 37 for me. I've got the Santononi's, the Sewards, Gray and Skylight left. I'm thinking 3 more trips with a finish on Skylight; hopefully on a bluebird day in July.

MacNaughton will follow

Pictures and more description at:
    Hiking, Kayaking, Trail Running, Telemark Skiing, Snowshoeing and XC Skiing trip reports and tips for the Adirondacks, New York and New England.
    Offonadventure.com

Thanks for the pictures & TR. That's one of my favorite places in the high peaks! It's nice to revisit, vicariously.
    I think finishing on Skylight is a good choice too. Another very special peak...

Comment

Just did that hike yesterday. Great views.
      “Not all those who wander are lost.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

i think you passed me on the trail, i did the exact hike that day, except we went down through colden/avalance and out through marcy dam

a great day from the top!!

Comment

yes! algonquin is always packed, but no one is every on iroqouis. totally agree! the view is top notch, and the peace and quiet is priceless.
          High Peaks: 14/46
          NPT 2011

Comment

Working...
          X