Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pentax K200D (worlds smallest, lightest weather sealed DSLR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice shots john
    "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Comment

Originally posted by johnstp View Post
      All images taken two weekends ago with my Pentax K10D:
      Nice work with the outdoor shots of Notre Dame and City Hall (that is city hall correct?). Those shots above, the goal was to shoot ND from the extrerior at dawn but with the hazy skies and the late start (hey I did get up at 4am) I moved on to the other photos I took.

Actually, it had rained all night which wasn't bad (i was hoping for reflections off the street) but cobble stone streets don't reflect!!! the church didn't seem as interesting as I'd thought it would look.

I need to put that festival on my list, tons of events over the summer up there but we are always paddling and other than beer fest and maybe Just For Laughs we usually are too busy to spend a weekend up there. This festival looks like a nice getaway.
      sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Mountain Visions: The Wilderness Through My Eyes

Comment

Well JS, you've got me convinced to shoot in RAW.

Hey, I'm just a novice, but I'm likin' this new K10D, shooting in RAW, and just used PS Elements 6 today. Still don't know what the heck I'm doing, but I'm learning. Thanks for the aperture tip with the 35mm lens.Nice effect. Probably shouldn't use it all of the time. Not sure which sunrise shot is better. I like elements of both. I like the deciduous tree better for it's silhouette, but like the pine tree also due to the blueish snow. I was wondering how the snow in your picture from the sunset atop Buck Mt came out blue and lo and behold the snow was blue with glints of sun coming off in my shot also. Early morning lighting can help a novice with exposure as well. Brian Peterson says anyone is capable of getting a great shot under most lighting conditions, but in the real world, great lighting is a big help to a novice as it was for me yesterday morning. Got lucky when I heard the unmistakeble screech of the pileated overhead and raised my camera for a few quick shots. And the deer were more cooperative today also. Switching between the 35mm and the Tamron 70-300 was a planned event. Almost caught a hawk overhead also, but was a bit slow.
        Then today, my wife and I were driving to take a short hike today and we spotted an eagle atop a tree. Now only if I had my camera with me. Actually he was gone before I could have snapped a picture anyway.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by marzrw; 03-23-2008, 09:21 PM.
        "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Comment

Nice work, you've been getting out more than me lately, but I knew march was going to be a pain. I've got two more weekends of nonsense (hockey tourney and then buy a new car) and then things clear up for a month.

April should be a bit better!!!

I kinda like the deciduous tree better too since it lets more light through and seems to work better as a silhouette.

I always like the cold warm contrast of winter sunsets/sunrises. A lot different then in the summer where that snow area would just be blocked out shadows.

The star burst tends to work well anytime the sun is small or partially obscured, or your exposure is going to blow it out anyway. If you get one of those big orange ball sunsets with a telephoto, then it's probably a time to avoid it.

shooting color photography that pre dawn till 30 minutes post dawn is always magical with the even lighting and then strong side lighting post sunrise. Good light always makes things seem easier.
          sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Mountain Visions: The Wilderness Through My Eyes

Comment

Working...
          X