What Mountain Pond is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Mountain Pond is this?

Got this off the 2007 Fall Shots thread and have been using it as one of the wallpapers that get rotated on my desktop ... Time for the spring/early summer wallpapers. The photo name is Winter-Rocks2.jpg and it just has good feeling. I should have asked the owner permission to use it and I am sorry that I didn't. Pico the - makes me think it one of yours if you see this. Can I use it again next fall, its that special of a shot. We had alot of the same shots off Frederica. An hour sooner down the trail and I probably could have snapped a picture of you guys on the face. Maybe our treks will cross again. You take some fine pictures. Anyone if not a Pico pic Know this great photo.
    Attached Files

I don't know who the photographer is, but it looks like Lake Louise in the photo.
    ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Hey thanks for the compliments.

That was a good weekend out there on Lila, and a fun climb on Frederica. Despite starting out with a serious lack of sleep it was one of the most fun weekends I had last summer/fall. Some paddling, hiking, rock climbing and photography...and GREAT WEATHER!!!

As far as using the shots for digital wallpaper no problem with that. As long as you aren't distributing them or printing them I don't see how it hurts the photographer.

Thanks for asking though.
      sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Mountain Visions: The Wilderness Through My Eyes

Comment

Wait... THAT'S Lake Lila!?

Comment

Originally posted by johnstp View Post
          Wait... THAT'S Lake Lila!?
          It may be that the picture I am asking about is Lake Louise, I don't know for sure. Pico23 and I met up at Lake Lila and I thought that it may have been one of his pictures but defiitely not of Lila.

Comment

No, no...never been to lake louise or anyplace in the canadian rockies.

Definitely not my shot.
            sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler View Post
              I don't know who the photographer is, but it looks like Lake Louise in the photo.
              Thanks Kyler ... I googled it and its delinitely Lake Louise. It sure is not some Adirondack pond as I assumed it was being found through the Adirondack fall pictures thread, probably linked to someone's personal site. I have been seeing the Adirondacks thru this raw canadian rockies photo, wondering where it could be. Up 93 from Banff aways to the Fairmont Hotel overlooking Lake Louise ... I doofed myself .. Oh well.
              Attached Files

Comment

The color of the water is the key. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_flour

When I show pictures to people from a trip out west they sometimes think I edited the color unnaturally, but that pic you have is the true color that is seen and captured by the lens.

Here's a couple of shots of St Mary Lake in Glacier National Park.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by marzrw; 04-11-2008, 07:01 PM.
                "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Comment

In a lot of places the green water is from sediments (as noted in the Wiki article). In Arkansas all the water is green in quite a few rivers and streams from similar sediments generally found in the Ozark Mountains. Really beautiful, especially in pools.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X