No announcement yet.

Morgan hill New trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing your latest shots, Gary! Beautiful as usual.
    BREATH OF FRESH AIR PHOTOGRAPHY Website
    Picasa Public Photo Gallery
    ADK46er #5438; CAT3500 #1745; CL50 #98; NPT Finisher

Comment

Nice pics Gare!
      "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Comment

Gary

I know the area pretty well, where does the new trail come out?

Rick

Comment

I have many friends down that way who will be glad to hear this. Thanks for the info!
          Scooting here and there
          Through the woods and up the peaks
          Random Scoots awaits (D.P.)

"Pushing the limits of easy."â„¢

Comment

your photos are awesome. I rant and rave over Nathan Farb's Adirondack portraits at my library. I can see the natural beauty emminate from yours too. Looncry

Comment

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you like them!

The new trail starts at Spruce pond and heads south, and swings east. it ends on a road south of Fabius coming out of the village. I'm guessing it's about 6 miles. if you add the trail to Tinkers falls, you are looking at about 8-9 miles.

Extremely well laid out trail, with switchbacks, and it follows contours well.

It's a keeper!
              The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
              facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!

Comment

Better be a nice trail, I help maintain it. It has to be with NCT national meeting in August. The road on east side of trail is West Keeney Road. But the trail does not end there. Continues on to Highland forest, through that past Deyruter reservoir and over to Tioughnioga state forest were it meets up with Link Trail. Trail is NCT certified.

Completion of Onondaga 2 trail now allows one to hike a 60 some mile loop on what is called the Great CNY Loop. Onondaga 1 and 2 trails, portion of Link Trail and FLT. I will be embarking on it as a warm up for the season, hope to get out and hike it in a couple weeks. I will be the first one complete loop unless someone beats me to it or comes along for the ride.

Enjoy the trail in its pristine conditioin now cause as soon as the Mountain Biking community finds it its going to get trashed.

Actually the trail has been on the Books for almost 10 years, problem was getting Foresters to certify route that was blazed. I bushwhacked portions of it for years. The section of trail on private land off West Keeney Road has been there since the begining, it just dead ended at edge of state land.And its actually two sections of private property. At top of hill land is owned by family off Bailey Road, they run a sheep farm(cant rember their names, meet husband and wife at land boundry last year when I was hiking). Farther down the Hill you enter property owned by gentleman off West Keeney Road near intersection of Barden road.

Bushwhacking Firestarter

Comment

Originally posted by BushwhackingFirestar View Post
                  Better be a nice trail, I help maintain it.
                  Bushwhacking Firestarter
                  When I hiked the new section back in January I came across the following. I'm assuming it's part of an insect study, maybe from ESF? Anyone know for sure?
                  Attached Files
                  Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
                  It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Boreal Chickadee View Post
                    When I hiked the new section back in January I came across the following. I'm assuming it's part of an insect study, maybe from ESF? Anyone know for sure?
                    I saw that too Judy. I'm not sure what it is.The pipe hanger is still there, but the unit hanging from it has been moved farther up the trail.

Have you hiked the whole trail yet?
                    The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
                    facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!

Comment

Beautiful pictures!!! LOVE the deer!!! The stones are awesome. I am an old graveyard junkie...LOL... So much history in them!!
                      www.everythingadirondack.com

Comment

Working...
                      X