X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice

What's up with all the ice the past few years

Can't we get any SNOW in winter

Well, the ice does lend a photo opportunity at least.
    Attached Files
    "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

My wife's BeeBaum..
    Attached Files
    "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Comment

A couple others...

I don't think the solar light is gonna kick on...
      Attached Files

Comment

nice work, we've had ice out here for a few days, and i refused to photograph it.

my thoughts, if i wanted february ice storms, i could live for a lot less money in fayetteville arkansas and spend my winters exploring the nations only fully protected river, the Buffalo National River, among the wonders contained in the western half of that state.

Ice storms where you can't get into your car are common there, we'd have at least a few each winter, in the northeast these used to be rare. Now it seems like we see them more and more each winter instead of snow. Goes to prove my theory that the climate has shifted 1000 miles north in the last decade. But the good news is it's snowing outside now, and supposed to be near freezing all week with possible snow most days .

From the early days, when I had no clue as to what I was doing (and yes the water really is jade green, it's minerals that do it, even my friend who hated arkansas (eventually moved to Durango and now Anchorage) still talks fondly of how beautiful the water was):

sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Mountain Visions: The Wilderness Through My Eyes

Comment

Nice Edelweiss...especially that last one...

Nice shot from Arkansas..Wish I didn't know what I was doing as good as that! Maybe some day, there's always hope. Or in my case, stubborn dedication to keep plugging away until I get it right.

And yes, it is a huge concern lately...I think even snow haters would rather see snow than ice.

I guess we better get out and enjoy what we have while we can...Went cross-country skiing today for the first time this year. Hopefully next weekend also.

Comment

I love the ice...

.......as long as I don't have to drive in it. Lucky for me I was able to step off my back porch to capture these images. Just wish my back porch was in the Adirondacks..

Comment

This is the type of ice to appreciate in the Adirondacks (King Wall area) we were waist deep in that wonderful snow stuff for at least 300 vertical feet to visit the area this weekend.

Chiller Pillar is also a beautiful flow

A few hours mountain climbing turns a rogue and a saint into two roughly equal creatures. Weariness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity—and liberty is finally added by sleep - Friedrich Nietzsche

sigpic

Comment

Ice can be as beautiful as it is dangerous. Here's an Ice Flower:

Jackie

Comment

Working...
                X