No announcement yet.

Photography Hikes, Any Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like I'm out for the March 22 sunrise photo shoot, but am still interested in April 26/27.
    BREATH OF FRESH AIR PHOTOGRAPHY Website
    Picasa Public Photo Gallery
    ADK46er #5438; CAT3500 #1745; CL50 #98; NPT Finisher

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss
      I'm free on the weekends of March 22-23, April 19-20 or 26-27
      Edelweiss,

If you are still available for April 19-20 for an overnight, I might be interested in those dates as long as I can work out the logistics of coming from Boston. Maybe we can get that overnight backpacking trip in afterall and combine it with a photo shoot. Day hikes are always a possibility as well, but come spring I'll be out looking for my reptile friends.

I'd be interested in going out with others as well, but like I mentioned, I'd be coming from Boston, so travel time is a concern. I have vacation time in May, July and September but can work something out on weekends as well.

I own two canon digital's and a few film camera's.

Windsong

Comment

Thats ok, I'm out for March because my dog (caney) has kidney stones and is having surgery tomorrow. I might do something next weekend but this weekend is done, not sure about next weekend as I didn't realize it was easter. Hopefully I can get out Saturday because it's been a few weeks and i'm getting grouchy.
        sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Mountain Visions: The Wilderness Through My Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by pico23 View Post
          Thats ok, I'm out for March because my dog (caney) has kidney stones and is having surgery tomorrow.
          I hope that turns out well....

Good Luck

hawk
          "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
            I hope that turns out well....

Good Luck

hawk
            Thanks...I think it will, no telling how long he's had them but his 3rd UTI in 12 mos and high urine pH led the vet to do an Xray and then ultrasound revealing several stones.

The UTIs were probably in part from the stones. So clearing them should have him out hiking by the end of April!!! Of course he'll need a new diet for the rest of his life, and regular urine checks and cultures
            sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

April 26/27 is good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by windsong781 View Post

Edelweiss,

If you are still available for April 19-20 for an overnight, I might be interested in those dates as long as I can work out the logistics of coming from Boston. Maybe we can get that overnight backpacking trip in afterall and combine it with a photo shoot. Day hikes are always a possibility as well, but come spring I'll be out looking for my reptile friends.

I'd be interested in going out with others as well, but like I mentioned, I'd be coming from Boston, so travel time is a concern. I have vacation time in May, July and September but can work something out on weekends as well.

I own two canon digital's and a few film camera's.

Windsong
                Great idea, Windsong! You are welcome to stay overnight at our house outside of Albany if you want to travel from Boston on Friday night. (The invitation is open, of course, for any other Adirondack adventures you plan in the future!) Any ideas about where you would like to camp?
                Pico - hope your pooch weathers the surgery well. Looking forward to meeting him on a future photoshoot hike.
                BREATH OF FRESH AIR PHOTOGRAPHY Website
                Picasa Public Photo Gallery
                ADK46er #5438; CAT3500 #1745; CL50 #98; NPT Finisher

Comment

Pico, I'm following this but it may be easier to start a trip planning thread in that section (referring back to this one for details). I'm not going to commit and may just show up at what I hope will become a regular thing. I enjoy picking Gary's brain on photography related things when we hike. The more brains for picking the better!

Mmmmm... brains...

Comment

Great idea, Windsong! You are welcome to stay overnight at our house outside of Albany if you want to travel from Boston on Friday night. (The invitation is open, of course, for any other Adirondack adventures you plan in the future!) Any ideas about where you would like to camp?
                    Edelweiss, I'll pm you some time this weekend after giving it some thought. Let me know what you have in mind as well. Once again lets hope for some good weather for an overnighter!

Originally posted by pico23
                    I have a feeling I might find myself with 2 tripods and 2 cameras attached to my pack!!!
                    In my case that would be my husband. That's why I keep him around!

Windsong

Comment

I'm still in for a dayhike on the 26th or 27th of April.

Comment

I'm going to continue this thread (specifically for the April hike) in the trip section.

Lets get some ideas going!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X