Lunar Eclipse Feb 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Eclipse Feb 20th

one of my attempts at capturing the lunar eclipse tonight (taken about 9:30pm EST).
    Last edited by kwc; 06-26-2008, 10:10 PM.
    sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

I'm so glad somebody is getting some! I'm in a snow band right now, and I'm shoveling rather than shooting...
    The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
    facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!

Comment

Thanks Kevin. Now I don't have to go outside and freeze my butt off.

Seriously, great picture.
      The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

Very Cool shot!!! The part of the Moon that is showing looks so smooth...
        "Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton

Comment

This was an early one (9:42 p.m. EST). f6.7, 1/500th s, ISO100, Pentax K10 w/50-200mm DA lens@200mm:

Comment

Blood Moon Rising,

...out my back door.

Comment

Another shot. Almost at peak. Same settings as above except 0.7 s:

Comment

My Attempt, right as the moon was coming out of the peak

I can't believe I was able to get both Saturn (Left) and Regulus (Above) without any special exposure settings

One bad note, it looks like the skunks have come out of hibernation for their February mating
                :
                :

Qam1

http://www.lowerwolfjaw.com/qam1 - Everything & Anything on the Adirondacks
                :
                :

Comment

Nice Stuff!
                  Justin, I especially like the phases!
                  The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
                  facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!

Comment

Originally posted by qam1 View Post
                    One bad note, it looks like the skunks have come out of hibernation for their February mating
                    The skunks might have a different opinion on that!

Lake effect snow pounding off the east end of Lake Ontario cleared a half hour before the big event. Haven't seen clear skies here in a couple of weeks. But we had surprisingly good views in rapidly falling temperatures for the big event. This eclipse seemed typical, maybe a little brighter than average.
                    Last edited by Wldrns; 02-21-2008, 08:38 AM.
                    "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

I saw a ton of skunk tracks last weekend down here near albany. it seemed like they were everywhere.

too cloudy here, thanks for the pics, so I can see it anyway!!
                      He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.

Comment

I tried to take some pics through the cloud cover, and all I managed to get was a fuzzy ball in the sky. Nothing nearly as nice as what is posted here. Oh well, guess I'll wait until 2010.
                        How is it that you are heading west? Well, we face north and then really sudden like turn left.

Comment

Nice shots Justin!!

and johnstp, nice! sure can tell the difference between your camera and my older Minolta Dimage 5mp!
                          sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

Comment

I really need to get a tripod.

I was shooting and something streaked across the sky....
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by marzrw; 02-21-2008, 07:30 PM.
                            "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Comment

Working...
                            X