Adirondack Video Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adirondack Video Photography

Anybody care to share some Adirondack video footage?

I've always enjoyed viewing some of the occasional video links that members have posted in the past. Maybe we can collect a few here.

Some of my favorite ones that I've found posted on this forum are:

Posted by bodiak - Video Adventures
    with the water pump showdown at the end:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and Bodiak's Revenge:
    The long-awaited sequel featuring my new Katadyn Guide Pro filter vs my buds'totally inadequate MSR pump.

Posted by CaLculAted Risk - Mt. Marcy Video
    Short video from a run over Mt. Marcy, NY's highest peak, and back through Avalanche Pass.

and also in that thread,
    posted by JKC1222
    Hiking the Adirondack's highest mountain, Mt. Marcy, in the dead of winter. We build a snow cave to spend the night and fight the elements all the way to th...

And I've enjoyed the many fishing videos,
    and the Sticky thread in Trip Reports as well.

I know there is a bunch of stuff on www.youtube.com
    but I'd love to to see what else ADKforum members have out there.

Here's a stupid little quick video I found:
    quick video next to an Adirondack brook and waterfall

ha this seems to have garnered as much interest as my B&W thread a while back.

I've seen some neat portage videos on youtube. some nice scenic float plane ones as well. lots of really boring ones too.

One specifically confirmed that my wife and I were not stupid. All the maps, show the Rock Pond portage to Hardigan to start further south, EXCEPT, for the Whitney informational map that CLEARLY STATES NOT FOR NAVIGATION. Ironically, it was the only correct map.

This guy explained he spent the same hour we did looking for it while the camera was mounted on a thwart as he portaged the boat.
    sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Mountain Visions: The Wilderness Through My Eyes

Comment

Yeah, No love.

Not even a comment about the weird guy by the waterfall.

Comment

not really an adirondack video, but a funny Canadian song and animation about black flies

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.

Comment

Thanks Hobbitling.

I definitely got a kick out of that.

Comment

some guys climbing the trap dyke.

He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbitling View Post
              not really an adirondack video, but a funny Canadian song and animation about black flies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMameR5aqo
              Thanks hobbitling , I think brought back "fond"memories of ears , nose and throat being inundated with them

Not to side track , but this was on the same page

Phil

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

Comment

They had to put that little video option thing on digital camers,
                didn't they.
                Another one from the weird guy by the waterfall, at the same brook:

Comment

The problem with videos is raw footage sucks.

I mean it's boring.

My wife came back from her nephews basic training in San Antonio a few years ago with 2 hours of video that she wanted me to copy or burn to a DVD.

I laughed, I said, no one is going to watch that just toss it in the trash. a few weeks later I put out what I thought was a decent video that took 2 hours of video and turned it into a few minutes of interesting material. Complete a DVD cover, a front and back to the case. We gave it to his mom as a birthday present and she loved it.

It's probably equally hard to make hiking seem interesting in a video.
                  sigpic

"As to every healthy boy with a taste for outdoor life, the northern forest -the Adirondacks- were to me a veritable land of enchantment." -Theodore Roosevelt

Mountain Visions: The Wilderness Through My Eyes

Comment

I agree,

...We gave it a shot.

Keep the thread in mind, if you happen upon some interesting video.

don't be shy

Comment

Working...
                    X