Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Biking in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #61
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK123 View Post
Unikely in most areas. Like most social experiments lack of follow-through and in this case, theft of bikes, led it to its demise within three years. My idea was mostly tongue-in cheek - driven by my desire to be riding, not hiking, those last two miles to the car.

Admittedly, I am a novice to fat biking. While the Mukluk looks to be a stellar bike, I am searching for more of an entry-level set-up. The Framed Minnesota, which I test rode in Old Forge, looks to be more my speed. Plus, they designed a fatbike specifically for women with a lower standover and shortened crank length.That's where I went with my mountain bike and my knees and back still thank me to this day.

Took a look and the frame is too large, but thanks so much for the heads-up. Appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK123 View Post
Thanks for the link. However, I have officially fallen in love with the Women's Framed Minnesota 2.0. Everything I've read is positive and looks to be a great entry-level bike. Now to find a good deal!
ADK123 you should find one on Amazon.com if it pleases you
Old 12-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #62
bmike-vt

looking forward to some winter bike trips... maybe across the pond. have done a few november trips here in VT, and just this weekend did a december overnight to a lean to on the 'chubby' bike, my krampus.

could have used the fatbike for a section of it. and will definitely get back when it is colder and we have more snow. pushed the bike about 5 miles this trip. and will get to the campground via 8-10 or even 20-30 miles of snowmobile trails.

This was home for the night. by mbeganyi, on Flickr

Waterbury Reservoir by mbeganyi, on Flickr

IMG_4176 by mbeganyi, on Flickr

have a 0dF down bag on the way, will make my winter season on skis and bike that much more comfortable. (i've been down into the low 20s in my current 30dF down bag...)
bmike-vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #63
Edb 46 er

bmike-vt

Looks like you could use some fenders on the 29er
Old 12-29-2014, 09:54 PM   #64
bmike-vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edb 46 er View Post
bmike-vt

Looks like you could use some fenders on the 29er
nope. i would just shred them. and, those are 29+ tires. wouldn't know what fenders to put on them. 3" wide rubber.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #65
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmike-vt View Post
nope. i would just shred them. and, those are 29+ tires. wouldn't know what fenders to put on them. 3" wide rubber.
Cool pictures. Looks like you had a good time out there.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #66
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmike-vt View Post
Bmike-vt did you have any issues mounting the 29 x 3 tires on your 29er wheels or did you need to buy different wheels? Did the tires clear your chain stays? Send a pic of your tire clearance on the rear chain stays if you can.

I have a Fisher X Caliber 2008 29er and was wondering if the tires would mount my rims. I have about 3/8 clearance on each side of the rear chain stays running a 2.3 tire now.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #67
bmike-vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edb 46 er View Post
Bmike-vt did you have any issues mounting the 29 x 3 tires on your 29er wheels or did you need to buy different wheels? Did the tires clear your chain stays? Send a pic of your tire clearance on the rear chain stays if you can.

I have a Fisher X Caliber 2008 29er and was wondering if the tires would mount my rims. I have about 3/8 clearance on each side of the rear chain stays running a 2.3 tire now.

My bike is a Surly Krampus.
Designed for the big tires from the ground up.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #68
Edb 46 er

Good enough.