Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Current Affairs and Environmental Issues > Current and Historical Affairs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
fisher39

Why did the Explorer's defense fund close?

Does anyone know why the Explorer's legal defense fund, launched with such fanfare and enthusiasm, appears to have been closed, quietly and without explanation?

The page titled "Legal Defense Fund" no longer requests donations or even mentions the defense fund. I was expecting some update or explanation, but it seems there isn't one in the current issue and I haven't seen any updates elsewhere.
fisher39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

I thought I heard that they'd received enough money for the fund. But I'm not sure where I heard that... probably just hearsay.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
fisher39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSettahr View Post
I thought I heard that they'd received enough money for the fund. But I'm not sure where I heard that... probably just hearsay.
That was my initial thought, but if that were the case I'd think they'd proudly announce it and thank all who donated. Also, at this early stage I think it would be very difficult to determine how much is enough, especially when the damages the other side is seeking are their legal fees.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

I seem to remember reading an article in the latest AE explaining that the fund was suffisciently filled...or maybe it was in one of Phil's blogs
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
fisher39

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
I seem to remember reading an article in the latest AE explaining that the fund was suffisciently filled...or maybe it was in one of Phil's blogs
That was my initial assumption, and I mentioned it at the end of the thread about the AG stepping in. If you have a link to where you saw the explanation for the closure, it'd be great if you could post it here.