Hiking the Marilla Trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking the Marilla Trails

I recently went on a roadtrip to the Allegheny National Forest (ANF) in northwest PA. It had been several years since I took the time to explore the region. I love this area of PA, with its scenery…

A surprisingly beautiful hike outside of Bradford, PA on watershed lands. The Marilla Reservoir is very scenic with its wooden bridges and spruce forests. There are impressive old growth forests with giant hemlocks and pine that are reminiscent of Cook Forest. Massive rocks and boulders adorned the trail and the last part of the hike featured deep hemlocks and many footbridges along an old grade. While in Bradford, check out the U Pitt/Bradford campus and the impressive glass chapel nestled in the woods.

Thank you! This is unknown to me, so I am going to check this out for future hiking trips.
    46R #5621 -- NE111 #627 -- CL50 #343 -- Firetowers Quest 28/28 -- Welsh 3000s -- working on TO54, NPT

Comment

Is camping allowed?

Comment

No camping allowed, but campgrounds are nearby. Tracy Ridge and Willow Bay campgrounds in the Allegheny National Forest (ANF) are close. Primitive backpack camping is allowed in the ANF.

Comment

Working...
        X