Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phil Browns book is a great source for scads of day paddles

Comment

Well we are loaded up and northbound!! Can't wait to get up there and explore! Should be in the area mid day Saturday. The forecast is looking nice for the weekend and early next week. I am thinking we may paddle camp for the harvest moon on Monday night. Any suggestions for a nice paddle site on water that doesn't require too long a hike? We are thinking of making a day trip out to Hitchins pond or Henderson already, so could camp at one of these I suppose. Just thought I'd like to check out a few different areas.

We are mobile so willing to go wherever the best area would be for that. Sounds like west side is best for paddling? And appears to be a ton of sites on a ton of lakes...almost overwhelming we will probably only be doing one night so trying to make most out of it.

We have 55lb SOT's but do have a kayak cart. So I am not opposed to making a few trips if its not to be far or strenuous.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by markley; 09-21-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markley View Post
        Well we are loaded up and northbound!! Can't wait to get up there and explore! Should be in the area mid day Saturday. The forecast is looking nice for the weekend and early next week. I am thinking we may paddle camp for the harvest moon on Monday night. Any suggestions for a nice paddle site on water that doesn't require too long a hike? We are thinking of making a day trip out to Hitchins pond or Henderson already, so could camp at one of these I suppose. Just thought I'd like to check out a few different areas.

We are mobile so willing to go wherever the best area would be for that. Sounds like west side is best for paddling? And appears to be a ton of sites on a ton of lakes...almost overwhelming we will probably only be doing one night so trying to make most out of it.

We have 55lb SOT's but do have a kayak cart. So I am not opposed to making a few trips if its not to be far or strenuous.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Heading to Henderson tomorrow (9/22)- Hornbeck over my shoulder.

Comment

Stunning day on Henderson today. Not a soul on the water. Paddled all the way around, lunched on beach by the leanto. What a dramatic place.

Comment

Working...
          X