Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #241
Peteubb

bigfoot = wookie.
Peteubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #242
mike

At the Stone Dam Trail register in the Black River Wild Forest:

I did not see any Bigfoot at Chub Pond Leanto #1...which of course was highly disapointing...

edit: woops that image sure is big...

Last edited by mike; 09-18-2013 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: WAT!?:!>!
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #243
ADKDave
AdkDave

Signs

We have way too many signs of a sasquatch here in the southern Adirondacks. I've heard stick knocking, have recorded strange calls, and have seen and photographed footprints. Perhaps the most compelling, to me, is a hand print on the back window of my car, including non-human finger prints. I went from being a 95% skeptic to a 95% believer in the two summers we've spent here in Bleecker.
ADKDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #244
wiiawiwb

I must have seen a million squirrels in my life but I have never once seen a baby squirrel.

While significantly fewer than adult sightings, there are a fair number of reports of sightings of young sasquatch.
wiiawiwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #245
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKDave View Post
We have way too many signs of a sasquatch here in the southern Adirondacks. I've heard stick knocking, have recorded strange calls, and have seen and photographed footprints. Perhaps the most compelling, to me, is a hand print on the back window of my car, including non-human finger prints. I went from being a 95% skeptic to a 95% believer in the two summers we've spent here in Bleecker.
Hi Dave, welcome to Adkforum.
Interesting first post.
Care to share your photos of the footprints, or are you just trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
I must have seen a million squirrels in my life but I have never once seen a baby squirrel.
I have. I knocked a squirrel nest out of my garage soffit once years ago, little baby squirrels went falling all over the place. Momma was not happy!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #246
Loopin for the Lama

Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #247
wiiawiwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsman View Post
We are talking about a larger animal here, something approx.the size of a bear( or human wearing a suit). So I would assume their squatchlings wouldn't be the size of my pinky or that they would be in a nest 40ft off the ground.

I'm suprized that Marty Stouffer never did a show on them, as good as he is at filming animals and their young.

Please tell us about their mating and nesting, I want to learn.
How I could possibly know that?
Old 10-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #248
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

I don't mind Bigfoot. As long as there are no pterodactyls in the Adirondacks I will be a happy camper. Any day without a pterodactyl is a good day as far as I am concerned.
Zach
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #249
wiiawiwb

Since you're so enthusiastic, why don't you go ahead and let us know how you make out?
Old 10-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #250
Gman

I'm not being a wise guy. If Bigfoot does exist than it has to have something to do with extra terrestrials, UFO' etc.. I don't believe something that large could live in a natural environment without being discovered. By that I mean hard proof...a body, a live capture or even decent photographs. We have nothing.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #251
Jackson

I think that it is something that definitely needs more research, there have been hundreds of credible reports going back hundreds of years. The believers can not prove Bigfoot exists, yet the skeptics can not prove that Bigfoot does NOT exist. I have never seen a dead bear in the woods, but I know they are there. I think there have been far too many reports, sightings, recordings, close encounters, etc to just dismiss it as someone's imagination or a hoax. Are there hoaxes? Of course, yet there are far too many other reports from reputable people to discount the existence of Bigfoot entirely. I agree that we do need solid, irrefutable, firm proof but not going to dismiss it entirely. I think the day is coming when we finally get the answers, one way or the other.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #252
Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKDave View Post
AdkDave, set up a trail cam.... also, let us know if you find anything. Contact the folks at BFRO and see what they think.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #253
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
I think the day is coming when we finally get the answers, one way or the other.
If irrefutable evidence ever surfaces, perhaps. But those who believe bigfoot exists will never be convinced otherwise. The fact the myth has existed for so long without any real proof should be enough to demonstrate the falsity of existence. No way to prove the negative, at least no way to ever convince the believers. Thus we will NOT know one way or the other.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #254
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsman View Post
.... you never hear of any youngins being seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
... set up a trail cam.... also, let us know if you find anything. Contact the folks at BFRO and see what they think.

Yeah, maybe you'll get lucky and catch a young bigfoot mooning the camera.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #255
mmaute

Iíve always found the argument that Science cannot prove Bigfoot (or any mythical phenomenon) doesnít exist to be diversionary. Science cannot prove that the Great Pumpkin, the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny doesnít exist either. However, I would assume most would agree all three are made-up.

I do remember reading it is exceedingly rare for Science to discover new large (dog sized and up) land animals. As large as the Earth is, people have pretty much been most everywhere on the face of it. Large land animals, and concrete evidence of their existence, are not typically difficult to observe. In as many locations as people have been over the course of recorded history, it seems perplexing (at best) that no indisputable evidence has been obtained of a creature as large as Bigfoot would be.
mmaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:36 AM   #256
wiiawiwb

It wasn't until 2003 that the Bili Ape was first seen by scientists. It is a 6' giant chimpanzee that leaves an 11"-13" footprint. It's also called the "lion killer". It's estimated there are ~ 35,000 of them in Africa.

It also wasn't until the Fall of 2004 that we discovered any fossilized remains of a chimpanzee. Dr. Nina Jablonski found only a few teeth in the Rift Valley.

There is a lot out there we don't know about. Don't forget it was only 100 years ago that we discovered that gorillas really do exist. They had been the subject of legend too.

If 35,000 Bili Apes could go undetected by the scientific community until 2003, it wouldn't surprise me that 2,000 Sasquatch could go undetected spread across North America.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #257
wiiawiwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Has anyone ever had what they think was a sasquatch encounter in the park? I know it's crazy, but I was camping with some friends who told me some stories. I do alot of backpacking all over the Adiorndacks, and I've never had such luck. I have had some wierd situations occur before near Bennet, Middle, and Murphy Lakes north of Great Sacandaga Lake. - Justin
Justin (from your original post in this thread),

I've heard similar things from 6 seasoned hunters who were camping in that area near the Sacandaga. Around the campfire, they heard loud vocalizations that night that none had ever heard before. It shook them up. I was told that one of them was an Encon officer.

What does that 'prove'? Nothing but it sure does make you wonder.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #258
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
Justin (from your original post in this thread),

I've heard similar things from 6 seasoned hunters who were camping in that area near the Sacandaga. Around the campfire, they heard loud vocalizations that night that none had ever heard before. It shook them up. I was told that one of them was an Encon officer.

What does that 'prove'? Nothing but it sure does make you wonder.
In the 8 years since the start of this thread I've met some strange people in that area, a few of them are locals and told me how they love to mess around with the "citidiots".
Old 10-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #259
Justin
Moving along

I wonder what happened to our pals Lute Hawkins and Drifter....
Maybe Bigfoot ate them.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #260
wiiawiwb

People who say there is no real evidence haven't studied the body of knowledge out there. There is a video of a Sasquatch taken in 1967 in Northern California. It's called the Patterson/Gimlin film.

Despite herculean efforts during the past 47 years, no one has been able to prove the film is not the real deal. Moreover, even today, no one has been able to reproduce a costume that comes even close to what we see on the video. The BBC paid $5,000,000 to have a suit made. The result was embarrassing.

Here are a few images from the film. You can clearly see muscle groups and muscle movement.

My belief is based upon studying the body of evidence out there and having seen 4 footprints and witnessing an event I couldn't explain. Those of you who do not believe....hey, that's fine by me. No problem here.

Last edited by wiiawiwb; 10-24-2014 at 01:53 AM..