Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #121
wiselion

Now I'm a believer. I saw Bigfoot this weekend in Hague while hunting near Indian Pond. What an experiance I tell you. I had quite a good time showing him how to handle the recoil on my .45 grizzly win mag handgun. He was so delighted with that gun ,that I said to myself "what the heck" and gave it to him.

By the way he did have a pistol permit as well, so everything was Kosher. So if you see Bigfoot in the Hague area carrying a huge chrome semi auto pistol, I betcha you too will be a believer.

Last edited by wiselion; 11-16-2007 at 09:12 PM..
wiselion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:38 AM   #122
RobertRogers

On the BFRO.net site:

"In North American forests, forage is mainly the soft tips of mature plants and trees, wild fruits and berries - things that are not very noticeable when they are gone. Targeting these types of food sources does not leave an "observable effect on the environment,"

Not very noticeable? You mean like when moose eat out whole swaths of undergrowth in recently logged areas?

Too funny.

SurvivalTopics.com
FireSteel.com
RobertRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #123
wiiawiwb

Just finished reading Monsters of the Northwoods. There were a number of "events" cited that may not mean too much such as unusual sounding yells and screams. But, I closed the book and said to myself, "Whoa, there are BF in the Adirondacks!".
wiiawiwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #124
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
Monsters of the Northwoods.
The Abair Incident.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #125
wiiawiwb

Now that the fair-weather hiking season is upon us more people will be venturing into the woods. Many of the Sasquatch stories, sightings and encounters have come from two areas of the Adirondacks...Whitehall and Sabbath Day Point. Both of these areas are near Lake George and both contain a fair amount of hiking trails.

Whitehall is definitely on the radar of the Bigfoot community nationally.

I am curious to see if any new reports begin to come in as the weather warms, i.e. migration.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #126
Lute Hawkins

From what I understand about their migration patterns, they're always seen alongside roadways by folks who just frequented the local pub and are Art Bell fans.
Lute Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #127
wiiawiwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute Hawkins View Post
From what I understand about their migration patterns, they're always seen alongside roadways by folks who just frequented the local pub and are Art Bell fans.
I wouldn't know as I don't frequent the local pubs nor listen to Art Bell.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #128
DRIFTER

*JUST IN TIME FOR SUMMER*

.........Throw away those old flip-flops and have some real fun with our new and improved," B F SANDALS". If you act now, we'll throw in a 10% off coupon for a pair of Dr. scholls gellin[ not smellin], insoles. Scare your friends, lower property values and buy real estate cheap......Dozens of uses and they'll feel good on your feet . Start BF Gellin today. Sizes 22-34!

......ADDED NOTE; What the hell is sitting atop the guy in the pictures head?

Last edited by DRIFTER; 05-18-2008 at 03:42 PM..
DRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #129
Buster Bear
Trail Bum

I've heard of a local Sasquatch militia and it would seem it wants us...
CL50 #49
Buster Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #130
Lute Hawkins

Hey Driifter, do them there feet come with toenails or must they be purchased separately?
Old 05-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #131
DRIFTER

Quote:
Hey Driifter, do them there feet come with toenails or must they be purchased separately?

I'm glad you asked that question; Roofing nails can be added at an additional cost and are recommended for climbing, flooring nails are also an option and are excellent for winter big-footing! Good luck terrorizing the neighborhood with your new BF Sandals......

Sorry, no refunds and no returns on BF products...A wholly owned subsidiary of DRIFTER UNLIMITED.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #132
Justin
Moving along

I thought for sure I saw Bigfoot this weekend! At least I'm positive I was on his trail.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg poop.jpg (95.0 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg face.jpg (55.8 KB, 191 views)
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #133
backwoodsman

Justin, thats bigpoop,not bigfoot.Just wanted to clear that up for you.
backwoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #134
sheri

Okay, I was just innocently reading all these comments about bigfoot (and giggling uncontrollably) when the talk suddenly turned to redheads! In our defense, we are only dangerous in confined spaces... and if being compared to bigfoot. Just a tip... in case you run into one of us in the wild.
sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #135
DRIFTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri View Post
Okay, I was just innocently reading all these comments about bigfoot (and giggling uncontrollably) when the talk suddenly turned to redheads! In our defense, we are only dangerous in confined spaces... and if being compared to bigfoot. Just a tip... in case you run into one of us in the wild.

Here's something for you!

9-Foot, Redheaded Vegetarian Stalks China

26 March 1981

PEKING - Bigfoot is a vegetarian redhead.

He stands about nine feet tall. He strides eight feet with each step of clodhopping, five-toed feet that measure 19 inches. He scares some people and intrigues a great many more. Is he a lost link between man and the apes? The alleged Chinese cousin of America's supposed Bigfoot lives in a heavily forested, lightly populated region of Hubei provence in central China.

The Chinese call him "ye ren" - wild man. And, being Chinese, they have a five-year plan to track him down. Results of the first summer expedition, now being published in Peking, are intriguing but inconclusive. More than 250 local folk in northwestern Hubei have sighted ye ren at different places and different times. However, no one has produced him for an outsider yet, or for a camera.

Investigators say the witnesses draw a common portrait: Ye ren is very tall. He has red hair or fur, no tail, and walks upright. About 8,000 feet up the side of Jiongdao Mountain in Hubei, scientists discovered more than 200 footprints. The Chinese press says they are the largest footprints found anywhere in the world. The tracks show that ye ren walks as humans do, with no sliding motion, they say. Hair samples recovered from trees and brambles are red and fine and resemble human air in their cellular structure, the scientists say.

From analysis of the footprint, the hair and the droppings, the scientists have ruled out the possibility that they are tracking a bear or a [known] ape. A statesman-poet named Qu Yuan who lived in the Third century BC in the area where the present search is being mounted, referred in his verses to "mountain ogres." A seventh century historian described a tribe of "hairy men" in the same region, and an 18th century poet spoke of a creature "monkey-like yet not monkey" in adjoining Shaanxi province. The witnesses also are persuasive, according to Liu Minzhuang, a biology lecturer in Shanghai who has been researching ye ren for more than 20 years and who led last summer's expedition. One old peasant told of being with Nationalist Chinese soldiers who tracked eight ye ren through thick forests for 10 days in 1947. One was killed and dismembered
by the soldiers, the peasant said, but any record of the incident was lost in the chaos of the Nationalist-Communist civil war. In one of the best documented sightings, five forestry workers said they were able to approach within a few feet of a tail-less creature with reddish fur near Shennongjia Mountain in May 1976
Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #136
sheri

I wondered where my brother disappeared to
sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #137
Jason

So, what if?

Since this thread has been revived by sightings of Sheri's long lost brother, here's a hypothetical:

Let's say that I, as a non-Bigfoot obsessed normal person, suddenly claimed that I had an encounter with a Sasquatch-like creature in the woods. Let us assume that my tale is simple and sound (as in the I stood there and looked at a creature in front of me in broad daylight before it moved away) and that I provided vital details in a clear, concise, and calm way. Let us assume that while I resist exaggerating, it's impossible not to describe this creature as being what we'd expect Bigfoot to be.

Even if this encounter was described in such a reasoanble fashion and did not contain any extraneous information that might lead you to think that I was otherwise crazy, who would be inclined to believe me at all? Who would refuse to believe me no matter how straightforward the story? Are some of you willing to rule the improbable as indeed impossible no matter how honest or forthright the source?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #138
Lute Hawkins

I would be inclined to disbelieve you. In all these years of bigfoot "sightings", nobody anywhere ever found a den where bigfoots (plural "bigfeet"?) hole up, never found a skeleton, or tools, or even an application form from a bigfoot applying for medicare. Where is phycial proof, and I don't mean footprints made from polyurethane molds or grainy filmclips of a dude in a monkey suit. With all the anthropologists out there, something substantial would have been found by now.

What...are bigfoots "mystical earth children", offspring of the "earth mother", who pop out like mushrooms when it rains, run across a field so someone sees them, then shrivel back to nothingness when the sun comes out? Ha! How convenient for the bigfoot mythos that live specimens are supposedly seen but never found. Bigfoot believers are downright silly!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #139
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I would be inclined to disbelieve you. In all these years of bigfoot "sightings", nobody anywhere ever found a den where bigfoots (plural "bigfeet"?) hole up, never found a skeleton, or tools, or even an application form from a bigfoot applying for medicare. Where is phycial proof, and I don't mean footprints made from polyurethane molds or grainy filmclips of a dude in a monkey suit. With all the anthropologists out there, something substantial would have been found by now.

What...are bigfoots "mystical earth children", offspring of the "earth mother", who pop out like mushrooms when it rains, run across a field so someone sees them, then shrivel back to nothingness when the sun comes out? Ha! How convenient for the bigfoot mythos that live specimens are supposedly seen but never found. Bigfoot believers are downright silly!
Lute, you seem too willing to try to pooh pooh the existence of Bigfoot. It's almost as if you have an agenda.

Come to think of it, you do bear a resemblance .....

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #140
Lute Hawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
Lute, you seem too willing to try to pooh pooh the existence of Bigfoot. It's almost as if you have an agenda.

Come to think of it, you do bear a resemblance .....

Hawk
Reckon I don't know what yer talkin about. My feet are too small for me to be a bigfoot (size 12). Actually one foot is a size 12.5...old injury, long story.