Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > ADKHighpeaks Foundation
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Mavs00
I am the sith

Foundation is now online......

Forgive the "flurry" of foundation threads over the last days as we come online.

The the Adkhighpeaks Foundation has finally come online.

Feel free to browse around it. It will be added to over time, but for now it is online. There is a membership/supporter PAGE you can visit. Please consider joining, if for no other reason then supporting our forums (this one and Adkhighpeaks).

Thanks for you patience and support through the process. :tup:

** Note ** - the site is optimized for IE 7.0 and above and the newest versions of Safari, Mozilla & Firefox. If your using IE 6.0 or earlier, you are like 2 versions and 2 years behind...... Wake up and get out of the stone ages
Old 07-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Mavs00
I am the sith

It should be noted that this forum is in dire needs of upgrades. The vBulletin software that runs it is about 2 years and 2 versions behind. A new version is expected by years end that will completely outgrade this one.

Upgrading it is a capital project that cost's money. So if for no other reason than "supporting the site", you can join the foundation and the money will be used to fund these, and future upgrades. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs00 View Post
It should be noted that this forum is in dire needs of upgrades. The vBulletin software that runs it is about 2 years and 2 versions behind. A new version is expected by years end that will completely outgrade this one.

Upgrading it is a capital project that cost's money. So if for no other reason than "supporting the site", you can join the foundation and the money will be used to fund these, and future upgrades. Thanks.
I think that anyone with over 1,000,000 post should be a major financial supporter of the forum.

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
lumberzac
Beware of the Lumberzac

Quote:

** Note ** - the site is optimized for IE 7.0 and above and the newest versions of Safari, Mozilla & Firefox. If your using IE 6.0 or earlier, you are like 2 versions and 2 years behind...... Wake up and get out of the stone ages
But IE 7 & 8 crash my computer. At lest Firefox still works

http://community.webshots.com/user/lumberzac
lumberzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Mavs00
I am the sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberzac View Post
But IE 7 & 8 crash my computer. At lest Firefox still works
I wouldn't know..... I use Safari......... I'm in a different world.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
redhawk

Quote:
I wouldn't know..... I use Safari......... I'm in a different world.
You didn't need to tell us that. We've known for a long time.

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
Old 07-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
Mavs00
I am the sith

ummmmmmmm, bump
Old 07-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Kevin
**BANNED**

Site looks good
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
Rik
H-E-R-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
I think that anyone with over 1,000,000 post should be a major financial supporter of the forum.

Hawk
Wanna buy a lap dance?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Wanna buy a lap dance?
Nah it's disgusting watching you moving on the floor lapping up the spilled beer.

I'll pass
Old 07-13-2009, 06:18 AM   #11
randomscooter
Native Earthling

Quote:
ummmmmmmm, bump
Ummmmmmmmmm, summertime... perhaps??? Not much in the way of new posts these days either, too many folks having too much fun in the sun, er... dodging t-storms.

Or, then there's people like me who looked all over that OP of yours for a link to the new site and couldn't find one. I was fooled by that great big bold typeface...

Very sharp looking Tim.

"Pushing the limits of easy."
randomscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
Mavs00
I am the sith

Actually, my wife did it

Just a reminder is all

Upgrading ADKForum is a big priority. I can't even go into the pretty blue AdminCP panel anymore without the software screaming at me about "security" issues. Plus, there are way better features (dual ADKHP members can easily see this now) with the newer version. The upgrade and the next outlay that we'll have to make.

I've put it off as long as I could. 1) because of the cost, 2) because the process sucks (makes me nervous every time I do it).