Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > ADKHighpeaks Foundation
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #61
WillisB

Dag-nabbit!

Congratulations on your win!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #62
Dick
somewhere out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thday View Post
OMG! I guess the Irish luck finally came around for me. I'll be going to Stillwater Reservoir! I don't care about bugs, I'm there. This is going to be the most memorable camping trip ever. Thank you Mike for your generosity & kindness. And thanks to the ADKHighpeaks Foundation for finding the way (a raffle) to allow me the chance of winning this beautiful canoe. I see my future has me returning back to being a canoeist from which I strayed into kayaking. I may have to buy a new PFD for this whole occasion! Thank You everyone.
8thday, CONGRATULATIONS! And eternal thanks to Stripperguy for his patience through this process, and above all for his generosity. Number one in my book!

Dick
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #63
8thday
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarlock View Post
Congratulations - you do know we need pictures and trip report from your maiden voyage, right?
Oh yes, of course! There will be a more thorough exploration of the entire reservoir with many pictures. It will be my 1st trip report, so I'll work on it some as I go along out there with some paper & pen. I don't want it to be too long-winded & boring so I'll do my best story telling I can. Now that I'm not limited for space like I was last time in my 12' OldTown kayak, I can bring more food & liquid refreshments, go farther than campsite #8!
8thday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #64
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
Oh yes, of course! There will be a more thorough exploration of the entire reservoir with many pictures. It will be my 1st trip report, so I'll work on it some as I go along out there with some paper & pen. I don't want it to be too long-winded & boring so I'll do my best story telling I can. Now that I'm not limited for space like I was last time in my 12' OldTown kayak, I can bring more food & liquid refreshments, go farther than campsite #8!

When is the trip?

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #65
8thday
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
When is the trip?
I spoke to Mike (stripperguy) a little while ago & I'm stopping by his house this Friday to pick up my new canoe. Then it's on to Stillwater until I can paddle no more!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #66
Wldrns

Quote:
I see my future has me returning back to being a canoeist from which I strayed into kayaking.
And that turn of events alone may be worthy of my losing tickets! Welcome back into the canoeists den.

Serious congratulations with a heaping dash of jealousy. Enjoy Stillwater in your beauty. I cut my early canoeing career on those waters. Say hi to Luke (the current ranger) for me and watch out for the hidden shoals.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #67
8thday
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldrns View Post
And that turn of events alone may be worthy of my losing tickets! Welcome back into the canoeists den.

Serious congratulations with a heaping dash of jealousy. Enjoy Stillwater in your beauty. I cut my early canoeing career on those waters. Say hi to Luke (the current ranger) for me and watch out for the hidden shoals.
Thanks Wldrns, I will do on all. Especially the shoals. I am a lucky man!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #68
bluequill

Congaratulations on your new set of "wheels"! You must have a smile on, ear to ear.

Congratulations also for the Foundation in a succesful fundraiser.
bluequill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #69
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Well, it's a done deal, eh?!

8thday is stopping by on Friday morning to pick up the boat on his way to Stillwater Res. for the christening. So far, the only water it has seen is the morning dew.

He is contractually bound to post a report on all trips...

He's gonna get spoiled.
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #70
Cory D
ColdRiverRun

Let's get a "when he first sees it" pic too. I predict it will be a smile like the one that the guy in high school had the day after loosing his viginity!
Cory D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #71
8thday
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory D View Post
Let's get a "when he first sees it" pic too. I predict it will be a smile like the one that the guy in high school had the day after loosing his viginity!
Yes you are quite right,
the sun will be bright,
the wind will be slight,
my lines will be tight,
on all the fish that I fight,
way into the night,
in the stars' shining light,
Oh, what a delight!

Wow, I'm a poet & didn't know it! All I needed was some inspiration. Thanks again Stripperguy & ADKhighpeaks Foundation & all members. This is a great community of people. I am still in shock that I actually won!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #72
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Here's a happy 8thday just before heading out.

Good luck, Mike!!
All that's left behind is an empty boat shop, hmmm...
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #73
Vermont Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
Here's a happy 8thday just before heading out.

Good luck, Mike!!
All that's left behind is an empty boat shop, hmmm...
Sweeeet!
Can't wait to see it on the water

Scott
Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #74
adkjack
Admin

All is right in the universe today
Great Canoe, Great people and a perfect weekend for a paddler to get acquainted with his new baby.
Enjoy
adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #75
Mavs00
I am the sith

Damn........ What a thing of beauty.... The boat, not 8thday

Seriousy, happy canoeing.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #76
DuctTape
Out of Shape

I just got back from Stillwater. Met up with 8thday on Trout Pond near the Red Horse Trail. He is still there enjoying the new boat. He should be back in a few days unless he is enjoying it so much he decides to stay out there for good.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #77
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
I just got back from Stillwater. Met up with 8thday on Trout Pond near the Red Horse Trail. He is still there enjoying the new boat. He should be back in a few days unless he is enjoying it so much he decides to stay out there for good.
Nice....did you take any pics?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #78
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarlock View Post
Nice....did you take any pics?
One or two with my phone while exploring. A half dozen with Mike's camera when he was there.