Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > ADKHighpeaks Foundation
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Neil
Admin

Calendar sales going through the roof!

We have received 102 orders in the last 24 hours. We are only ordering 200. First come, first serve. I even have to get off my butt and get MY order in. These will sell out quick .

Get your order in quick.

http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/foundation.php
Old 10-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
FlyingCow

Thanks for the warning... put my order in.
FlyingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
adktyler
previously adk88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCow View Post
Thanks for the warning... put my order in.
Thanks as well, just got a move on and ordered mine.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
colden46

Ok, now that you conned me into ordering a calendar when should we expect shipments to go out? I mean aside from getting it by 2009, it's not like I'm in a rush, just curious.
colden46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
Mavs00
I am the sith

We've sold 130 in less then 48 hours. We have 70 left. If you want one, I wouldn't wait.

As to the When. We hope to ship by Dec 1, 2009. You should have them in your hands by Christmas 2009.

jk

We're putting the finishing touches on Design element (front/back cover ect....), and we' hope to have all that into the vendor by early next week. Then we wait the requisite week or two for the order to get printed and shipped. Bottom line, I think the target date to ship to you guys is Dec 1, 2008.

We have to, because I bought 5 and want to give 4 out as holiday gifts, so I need them i just as quick as you guys do.

p.s. They are looking pretty damn good from what I've seen so far.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Neil
Admin

I just ordered 4.

If you are too late I will have 3 for sale for $50 each.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
randomscooter
Native Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I just ordered 4.

If you are too late I will have 3 for sale for $50 each.
Mine are going for $49.95.

"Pushing the limits of easy."
randomscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

I still think you should have sold a little advertising, adk related of course.

I certainly would have considered having a little hawk vittles mention on there.you got some others that might have benefited to that are members here. Random Scooter and Wildriver come to mind and maybe a couple of the professional photographers.

Could have used those proceeds for the charity or to purchase even more calendars.

Think it could have been done without messing up the aesthetics.

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Last edited by redhawk; 10-30-2008 at 01:13 PM..
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post

I certainly would have considered having a little hawk vittles mention on there.you got some others that might have benefited to that are members here. Random Scooter and Wildriver come to mind and maybe a couple of the professional photographers.

Could have used those proceeds for the charity or two purchase even more calendars.

Hawk
Consider this our first year - we needed to test the waters, and I'd say it's been a resounding success, thanks to everyone's participation and support. Something to consider for the next one.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
Mavs00
I am the sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post

Could have used those proceeds for the charity or to purchase even more calendars.

Hawk
Speaking of Advertising.... I'm thinking about dumping the AdSense box up top. They really do not net us anything, and I'd rather offer it to someone else that 1) benifits from the community here and 2) offers a more germaine product or service that we might actually want.

I'm currently looking at an add for "fitness-singles.com" in the AdSense box

Ridiculous. Perhaps a rent/sell the ad space out to someone more useful. Traffic numbers available upon request
Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
kwc
loser

Is there something on the calendar itself that mentions/states that the calendar was developed to support the Keene Valley SAR?

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.
kwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwc View Post
Is there something on the calendar itself that mentions/states that the calendar was developed to support the Keene Valley SAR?
Yes - it will be on there...as well as the mission statement of the Foundation.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
calvins

Well, for reasons that I won't go into... I only lurk here anymore but I'm glad I checked back in in time to catch this. Thanks to all who made it happen! They'll look good on our walls. Hell, if we keep 'em in good shape, maybe someday they'll be collectors items!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:20 AM   #14
Tuchov
Pirate

I think you underestimated how nice of a calendar that is. Those are some very nice photos, properly themed with the months they are representing AND the proceeds go to a good cause. I'm gonna try to get one myself before they run out.

Hell, you get a $15 calendar from Staples and most the pictures are greenscreened/photoshopped, the money goes to China, and the parts holding the calendar together (glue, wire, staples, etc) fall off around March.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:51 AM   #15
PA Ridgerunner
Just a hiker...

I'm glad that the calendars won't have advertising on them. Nothing against the entrepreneurs* in our midst...I just like the idea of keeping it simple and clean.

*Not that there's anything wrong with them. Some of my best friends are entrepreneurs.

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander
PA Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #16
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post
I'm glad that the calendars won't have advertising on them. Nothing against the entrepreneurs* in our midst...I just like the idea of keeping it simple and clean.

*Not that there's anything wrong with them. Some of my best friends are entrepreneurs.
Hey, a little blurb and that high class, high resolution, professional looking Hawk Vittles LOGO...........

Priceless!!
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #17
Kevin
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs00 View Post
I'm currently looking at an add for "fitness-singles.com" in the AdSense box

Ridiculous. Perhaps a rent/sell the ad space out to someone more useful. Traffic numbers available upon request
You need to occassionally add these to the blocked list in your adsense account. I had several regular advertisers I added there. Eventually REI and other ads started to show up .

It might be hard for a single company to sponsor the site with a single banner. Then you're talking needing to create a banner that changes (so all those paying for advertising get equal 'time'), which is a whole new support problem. Adsense is easy because they do all the hardest work for you, all the site admin has to do is manage the blocked advertiser's list, which was maybe updated once a month (or less). This helps you AND google because it targets the right kind of advertising that people will actually use/click, which generates your income.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:02 AM   #18
Mavs00
I am the sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuchov View Post
I think you underestimated how nice of a calendar that is. Those are some very nice photos, properly themed with the months they are representing AND the proceeds go to a good cause. I'm gonna try to get one myself before they run out.

Hell, you get a $15 calendar from Staples and most the pictures are greenscreened/photoshopped, the money goes to China, and the parts holding the calendar together (glue, wire, staples, etc) fall off around March.
I agree totaly. In additional to Scott's Yeoman's efforts here, my wife Katie (who is a professional designer) is helping with a few of the artisitc elements. I'm excited at what I'm seeing. I expect a fully professional product at the end.

We are only ordering 200 (there are 35 left), and the order goes in today. I probably shouldn't, but I'll tease you with the front cover art.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #19
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Just curious...Are you maintaing the original format of winning photos? I mean, will the submitted length/width aspect ratio be kept as is?
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #20
Mavs00
I am the sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
Just curious...Are you maintaing the original format of winning photos? I mean, will the submitted length/width aspect ratio be kept as is?
We have to maintain the structure of the calendar format we choose. Some might have to be tweaked, some not. Nobody took the photos inteding them for this project, so they came in all kinds of sizes. It's pretty common in ANY printed project. The big thing is resolution, and we got all hi-res shots, so they will look very nice printed out.