Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Skiing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
MaximusFunk24

places to buy used skis

was wondering if anyone knows of any places in the northern Adirondacks that sell used cross country skis besides Play-it-again sports and Wooden Ski and Wheel?

I think that all the ski swaps are over with by now it seems?
MaximusFunk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
montcalm
Mobster

How much do you weigh and what type of bindings?

I might be able to help you out.
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #3
mothermenke

If you're ever in Burlington, OGE usually has a couple pairs of used skis in their basement consignment shop. Alternatively, if you're ever in Saratoga Springs you are welcome to check out my garage. I unfortunately have more skis than I do time to use them.
mothermenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
MaximusFunk24

thanks, I am about 160 lb, 5'10" with 3 pin bindings. Im looking for some fishscaled skis with wood core. What I would like out of the skis is to have higher camber than what I am using now so I can get a better glide. Also, I would like them between 2" and 2.5" waist for better snow flotation. I dont care much about sidecut, I do mostly step turns. My budget is about 50 dollars, so I am looking more for vintage touring skis (plus I like the charm of them)

Right now I am using waxless Epoke Ellesmeres that have 1.8" waist and dont look to be double camber. An Epoke 1000 would be awesome.

I will definitely check the Outdoor Gear Exchange when I am in VT next, I forgot about them. I think there is another play-it-again there too.
MaximusFunk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
montcalm
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusFunk24 View Post
thanks, I am about 160 lb, 5'10" with 3 pin bindings. Im looking for some fishscaled skis with wood core. What I would like out of the skis is to have higher camber than what I am using now so I can get a better glide. Also, I would like them between 2" and 2.5" waist for better snow flotation. I dont care much about sidecut, I do mostly step turns. My budget is about 50 dollars, so I am looking more for vintage touring skis (plus I like the charm of them)
I have a pair of 190cm E99s I'm going to part with - they have 3 pins on them and they are waxless. Waist is 55mm (so just over 2"). They have metal edges, they are light and they are good for a moderate amount of snow (up 6-8" breaking trail) - beyond that you'd want something wider.

You could ski longer, but these have a lot of glide even with up to 200lbs on them. Lots of people ski these slightly short these days to help maneuverability.

These are not vintage but they are not the new E99 Xtralite though that you'll see on Fischers website.

Let me know if you are interested.
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote