Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

lake access rental units

I am looking to get about 11 12 guys together for a bachelor party. Nothing crazy we just want to fish. First plan was to hit some of our local waters in st regis canoe area in april as his wedding is in may. We have a chance of lakes being frozen still and some unseasoned guys who may not like the idea of camping with snow haha. So plan b is to find a cabin or property that can hold us all on a lake so we can ice fish from the property. Doesnt have to be anywhere in specific. we got guys coming from finger lakes and we are in the ADKS. Any info on rentals big enough would be much appreciated.

Ryan
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Blue Mountain Lake has cottages at Prospect Point. They offer off season rates this time of the year. They have some large cottages and several smaller ones but they offer free gourmet breakfast this time of the year. They offer free shanties too and free use of snowshoes if needed. They have a website. Log burning fireplaces with free firewood, They are great people to deal with. Blue Mountain Lake is 1200 acres and is spring fed. The water at one time was listed as the most pure in the country. Lots of LL salmon, huge lake trout, small mouth bass, not sure what else but many other lakes are in the vicinity. In the Spring they offer fly casting lessons from a pro. Go where you wish but several places have changed ownership lately and I cannot vouch for them. This place I can. Best of luck.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
Terasec

as an option fish creek dec campground opens early april,
no cabins but for the price difference can probably rent 1-2 rv's for the weekend
as another option can get a few cabin tents and outfit them with cots and such
general rules for dec campgrounds is usually 2 tents per site max 6 people,
something like that would have to double check
Terasec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
Buckladd

If you like bass, this is personal friend's place...
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12167886?guests=1&adults=1
Old 02-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Lucky13

I responded on Ice Shanty.
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post
If you like bass, this is personal friend's place...
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12167886?guests=1&adults=1
My bad, I mis-read that you wanted to ice fish. This is great warm-weather spot.

I agree on Prospect Pt. Cabins. A few years ago they even had ice shanties of their own you could use.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:14 AM   #7
Buckladd

Ryan: Is that you on Iceshanty staying in Bolton in mid-March? If so, not sure Lake George will hold up that long, unless we get some January and February weather in March. So far, it's been the other way around. Schroon Lake, and maybe Brant Lake may be a better bet. There's also a nearby water called Trout Lake that has access. Meanwhile, I'll be keeping my fingers cross for LG. I've been out on the ice as late as March 31. But I don't see it happening this year.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #8
Wldrns

Two suggestions:
Adirondack by owner vacation rentals:
https://www.adkbyowner.com/search/Va...xoCx3MQAvD_BwE

White Pine Camp in the St Regis area very close to Paul Smiths:
http://whitepinecamp.com

My family rented WPC to celebrate Y2K. We had 17 family members in several rustic and historical cabins directly on Osgood Pond. Have also been there a couple of times since then. Not cheap, but it depends on what you want.

Last edited by Wldrns; 02-08-2019 at 08:16 AM..
Wldrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

Thanks for the help guys. We rented a place in bolton right on lake george. If the lake doesnt hold no worries plenty of water in the areas.
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote