Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #21
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

OK, let's give everyone until Sunday to decide. Homer is definitely invited as long as Socrates can participate too.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #22
wildbrookies

Yes, I agree, Im still trying to improve my ties..everyone should jump in! .the more the better (sorry Sero) and believe me, im still working on some patterns I find tough for me...the swaps are for just sharing and having fun and receiving a fly from each others creations .And, I like the idea of fishing and catching a fish on each fly in the swap. Photos a must!
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #23
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Let the Tying Begin!

OK, so the participants are:

WB
Sero
Homer
Gmorin
VT

I start tying shortly and have something in mind. If there's a fly you guys like from my previous post, let me know. I'm open. Tabula Rasa.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #24
wildbrookies

Ok,

I didn't get to tying this weekend ,but definitely next weekend.

I like the looks of your Zonker Muddler,VT Looks like a good big fish fly!

I haven't decided on a fly to tie yet. Thinking maybe a Sirloin or Adk. Ugly.

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #25
Glen
Check please

VT,

With all this time on your hands perhaps you and UpstateDave would be kind enough to return the two dozen flies I LOANED you in Montana prior to engaging in another vanity project.. You know, the expensive ones.
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #26
gmorin71

So the theme is old classics with a twist? Snow day today so I’m on it

Lee Wulff
gmorin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:18 PM   #27
wildbrookies

Awesome Gary....I won't be tying til Friday night and this weekend... also,should we maybe tie 2 flies per entry instead of one? Sorry Sero ,but it would make the tying more worth the time of getting the materials out.Just a suggestion.

WB
Old 02-12-2019, 07:50 PM   #28
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
VT,

With all this time on your hands perhaps you and UpstateDave would be kind enough to return the two dozen flies I LOANED you in Montana prior to engaging in another vanity project.. You know, the expensive ones.
In the words of WW2 artillery Brig. Gen. Anthony C. McAuliffe: NUTS!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #29
58rover

I may be in when would you need the flies?
58rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #30
wildbrookies

58rover,
Not sure yet. I haven't even started tying yet. Need to get to a fly shop for supplies. This thread has been a little quiet as of lately,but I`m sure Vt will jump in soon. Hang in there and glad to have you in the swap!

WB
Old 02-14-2019, 05:49 PM   #31
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Welcome, Rover! We welcome your contribution but the swap by-laws clearly state that you as last entrant have to deliver your flies to each participant in said 1958 Rover. Of course it's also in the rules that each recipient must buy you a beer of your choice.

So what's the group consensus? All flies in my hands in 3 weeks sound reasonable???
Old 02-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #32
wildbrookies

I `m good with that!

WB
Old 02-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #33
serotonin
ember

Six beers sounds more reasonable.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #34
serotonin
ember

Mein Swap-Fuhrer,

There is Distention in the ranks!
I respectfully remind you of the fine print in the by-laws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dSRuGwO_0
Old 02-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #35
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by serotonin View Post
Mein Swap-Fuhrer,

Superb!!!
Old 02-15-2019, 06:31 AM   #36
gmorin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by serotonin View Post
Mein Swap-Fuhrer,

Hahaha

Wb, where do you go for your stuff? Online? Sucks that goldstocks shut down that was my go to spot for in person purchases

Lee Wulff
gmorin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:11 AM   #37
wildbrookies

Yeah,gmorin,I loved Goldstocks too ,well worth the ride over there with my list...always had what I needed..but,going to try Dicks/Field and Stream in Latham. Only need tinsel,crystal flash,beadheads and some other miscellaneous things.Last time I was there I ran through their flytying area and it looked like it had the essentials.Nothing elaborate though. No skins or quality feathers I`m sure.I`ll let you know how I made out.

I made an order through Hook and Hackle and its been over a week and still nothing...

WB
Old 02-15-2019, 07:24 AM   #38
serotonin
ember

Could you shoot a grouse or two along your way...?
Nobody has the feathers I need.

Last edited by serotonin; 02-15-2019 at 07:38 AM..
serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #39
wildbrookies

Hey Sero,
I m not sure my wife would like us riding around Latham with a loaded shotgun..haha..anyway, when I tied a batch of those last time,I found some nice Ruffed Grouse Tails on eBay. In the meantime, I`ll see how many I have leftover,maybe I can send you 6 or so...I`ll get back to you later on today.

WB
Old 02-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #40
58rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtflyfish View Post
Welcome, Rover! We welcome your contribution but the swap by-laws clearly state that you as last entrant have to deliver your flies to each participant in said 1958 Rover. Of course it's also in the rules that each recipient must buy you a beer of your choice.

So what's the group consensus? All flies in my hands in 3 weeks sound reasonable???
It would have to be a 54 rover now, sold that one ha ha
58rover is offline   Reply With Quote