Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
SchumacherCTT2012

Help me!

Ok hi everyone!

So I have 30 of the 46 peaks, and I have some free time this summer to go and hike. These are the mountains I still need to get done:
Marci
Haystack
Skylight
Basin
Gothics
Colden
Nippletop
Saddleback
Tabletop
Rocky Peak Ridge
Allen
Lower Wolf Jaw
Phelps
Colvin
Dial
Blake
What is the fastest way to get as many of these done as possible?
Requirements:
1. No overnights
2. No more than 15-20 miles a day
3. General Logic
Please help me I don't know much about High Peaks geography but I really need advice!! HELP ME!
SchumacherCTT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
haderondah_wild
**BANNED**

Best to ask over at the other forum... ADKHighPeaks.com

Personally I have 0/46
haderondah_wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
rickhart

One thing you might want to do is to post this message on the high peaks forum (see link at the top of the page - not the foundation, the forum). If you haven't registered with it you can do that quite easily.
rickhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Agreed with the recommendation to join and post on ADKHP, but you also may want to check out our new ADK High Peaks Wiki...each mountain has some basic advice and info, and we hope it will continue to grow with new contributions.

LINK TO WIKI HERE!!

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
WinterWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
TCD

You may also want to pick up ADKs High Peaks guidebook and the associated map. Regardless of any information you glean from the forums, it's not a good idea to head out into the High Peaks if you do not know much about the geography of the area.

Enjoy the hiking!
TCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
PA Ridgerunner
Just a hiker...

All those above offer good advice.

Just curious, how is it that you have completed the Santanonis, Sewards, and a number of other very difficult hikes that are not on marked/maintained trails, yet you're asking for help on how to complete so many of the hikes that are in the more moderate/trailed category? Did you do them as a youngster, during summer camp, or something like that?

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander
PA Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
trent
OMG they killed Kenny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post
All those above offer good advice.

Just curious, how is it that you have completed the Santanonis, Sewards, and a number of other very difficult hikes that are not on marked/maintained trails, yet you're asking for help on how to complete so many of the hikes that are in the more moderate/trailed category? Did you do them as a youngster, during summer camp, or something like that?
I was wondering the same out of curiosity. The majority of those can probably be hit from the ADK Loj and Keene Valley trailheads.

While no overnights is a requirement, it would make it a heck of a lot easier with 1-2 weekend trips to kill off a big chunk of the list for the ones farther in from the trailheads.
trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
SchumacherCTT2012

I have spent my past 4 summers at Camp Treetops, an overnight sleepaway camp directly outside of Keene Valley. I mean like I know the GENERAL terrain, but I just need some advice on logistics.
SchumacherCTT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
46ers, allen, colden, colvin and blake, tabletop mountain