Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
riverstrider
Sir Rhosis of the River

Question Saranac River Questions

I will be heading up in a couple weeks to do the stretch of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail from Saranac Lake Village down to Plattsburg, and I have a few questions I know y'all can help with:

1. Is there any flood damage from last months floods that we should be aware of? I'm thinking log jams, washed out portages, other new hazards...

2. Last summer, a section of the river was closed in Plattsburg for construction, requiring a portage through town from about the surfing wave under Broad St, down. Is this still the case or is the construction completed?

3. Has Lake Champlain receded enough to expose the parking areas at teh mouth of the river?

Thank you for any info!! We're hoping for a good, safe trip.

-Chuck
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
kayakrski

Chuck, Everything is good to go in Plattsburgh as far as parking and construction...... as of today. Im not sure when construction will resume though. Good luck and enjoy!