Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Current Affairs and Environmental Issues > Environmental Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
St.Regis

DEC Biologist Charged with Grand Larceny

http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...ed-2256965.php

Another article referred to him as a "Barologist"
Old 11-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Regis View Post
http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...ed-2256965.php

Another article referred to him as a "Barologist"

Well this won't look good on his resume.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
jan

What's going on at DEC? Wasn't it only a few days ago that another DEC employee was charged with making thousands of dollars worth of phone calls at taxpayer expense?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan View Post
What's going on at DEC? Wasn't it only a few days ago that another DEC employee was charged with making thousands of dollars worth of phone calls at taxpayer expense?
Just another dishonest person working for the government and another bureaucracy that has little oversight.

I wonder how many workers, government or not make personal calls from work, use the internet at work, make copies at work.

No one here, I'm sure.

Just asking
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
adkman12986

Not I hawk Retired LMAO But you are right it happens all the time and nobody even thinks about it.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
Just another dishonest person working for the government and another bureaucracy that has little oversight.

I wonder how many workers, government or not make personal calls from work, use the internet at work, make copies at work.

No one here, I'm sure.

Just asking
It's one thing to use the Internet during lunch- most businesses have an "always on" connection, so they charge is the same regardless of whether or not it's getting used. Using the internet for fun when you should be working, of course, is a different matter (in terms of lost productivity).

In a similar manner, I always get a kick out of hearing complaints about our politicians and government officials using helicopters for personal transportation- what most people don't realize is that those helicopters are going to be flown on a regular basis, whether they are needed or not. Many state-operated helicopters (particularly the ones used by the State Police) are kept in a constant state of readyness, and can be flown at a moments notice. Even if they aren't needed, they are going to be flown on pretty much a daily basis, so that the pilots can keep up their certifications to fly, and so that the equipment can be checked for any potential malfunctions. So when someone uses the helicopter for transportation, they often aren't spending public funds that wouldn't be spent otherwise (unless it's a really long trip of course!).
Closed Thread