Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Food, Lodging, Parking, and Transportation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
snoeboarder

Question I usually primitive camp but this time it's the opposite

Can anyone recommend a bucket list 'dream' camp to rent? I'm usually looking for primitive sites with nothing around but I've been tasked to find an awesome camp with amenities that sleeps 10 for a late August retreat, for one night only. Closer to Lake George the better. Anybody know of some other Great Camp's to rent such as this J.P. Morgan one? https://www.vrbo.com/669325

I'm just getting started searching, thanks for any help.
snoeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #2
Justin
Moving along

Some good ideas in this thread:
http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=22903
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
Wldrns

Not very close to Lake George, but my brother and I with various family members have rented at White Pine Camp several times, including 15 family members over the transition to 2000 at Y2K. We love the place. They have the large lodge that President Coolidge stayed at, or several smaller rustic cabin options. The Hermit's cabin is our favorite. WPC is much more remote and definitely does not have the character of touristy Lake George.
http://whitepinecamp.com

Last edited by Wldrns; 05-21-2016 at 06:26 PM..
Wldrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #4
dmartenvt

You can check www.adkbyowner.com
dmartenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #5
peskypup

Not a "dream camp", but Silver Bay has numerous cabins and cottages, along with various other types of accommodations available. They also offer just about any type of recreational amenity you could ask for, and it's directly on Lake George: http://www.silverbay.org/

Be warned: You're going to have difficulty finding ANYTHING other than a hotel room for just one night in August. Most cabins/cottages only rent by the week in the summer.
peskypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
snoeboarder

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #7
snoeboarder

One night is proving difficult but not impossible. We've narrowed it down to a handful of places through Airbnb/VRBO. There are some amazing ADK properties available for rent. I think that's part of my fascination with the Park, whether it's the most beautiful and expensive log cabins or primitive camping with no amenities, it draws people in who value the outdoors in a variety of ways.