Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Northville Placid Trail
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #41
Neil
Kayak-46

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
Doug, maybe shorter hikes with longer stays?

Hawk
Yep. Like a nice little jaunt up Calamity Mtn.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #42
hillman1
skiing demi-god

We work opposite shifts and opposite days to make it so noone raises our child but us. So trying to make time to get away is pretty tough. I'm thinking i can probably swing next saturday or sunday if I really try. Calamity via the slide might be fun...Gonna start working on it
hillman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #43
Charlene
Raddled Harridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
A future Scott Jurek, maybe?
What an AMAZING accomplishment... and sounds like it was done for the pure fun of it, emphasis on the "pure". Who can blame his dad for being proud of him?

Aaron... you are a young lion! Congratulations and keep having fun! And, take a minute to look up the word "wunderkind" in the dictionary... you'll probably find your picture in there.

And, when you are an old lion, you too can grumble about why everyone else doesn't do it your way...
Old 08-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #44
EagleCrag

I'm surprised anyone can run this trail. In some stretches you couldn't even see where your feet would be landing and much of the trail is wrought with rocks, roots, and mud holes. I'd want to wear a helmet, goggles, elbow and knee pads at the least. Maybe even a pair of hockey gloves to help break all the tumbles I'd expect to take. Aaron--I'd be interested to know if you fell a lot and whether you attempted to run the whole trail or only those sections where the trail looked safe to do so.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #45
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleCrag View Post
I'm surprised anyone can run this trail. In some stretches you couldn't even see where your feet would be landing and much of the trail is wrought with rocks, roots, and mud holes. I'd want to wear a helmet, goggles, elbow and knee pads at the least. Maybe even a pair of hockey gloves to help break all the tumbles I'd expect to take. Aaron--I'd be interested to know if you fell a lot and whether you attempted to run the whole trail or only those sections where the trail looked safe to do so.
I hear you. It was hard enough to hike the trail up and down that ridge in the Blue Mt Lake WF due to the terrain and obscured trail from overgrowth. Granted it was only about a 3-mile section. I cannot remember any other sections (of significant length) that would have been so terrible that someone with significant trail running experience could not handle.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote