Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #41
Fly Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
A wildlife biologist later told me I was probably listening to the parting sounds of a rabbit that had fallen prey to a coyote, fox or bobcat, and I was greatly relieved when the sounds stopped.
I was unlucky enough to witness a rabbit caught by a hawk in a field behind my house. The rabbit was screaming, the hawk was trying to finish it off on the ground, and then a murder of crows showed up and added to the ruckus. The hawk wasn't strong enough to fly off with the rabbit, which was still alive and screaming, and the crows kept trying to surround the hawk. After 5 minutes or so, the rabbit died and the hawk flew away without his lunch.

It was an unpleasant experience.

Screech owls are also startling.
Fly Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #42
Blackflie

As a young lad I kept ferrets and their only purpose was for rabbiting. And yes the noise a rabbit can make when stopped up down a hole by a ferret is loud,
Old 08-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #43
Buckladd

The other day after work I took a ride up to a camp I hunt out of in northern Warren County to mow the grass and do some weed trimming. Itís about two miles in on a dirt road and less then a half mile in I came upon a big beach tree laying across the road. Sometimes I bring a chainsaw and log chain with me, but I didnít have them on this trip, as it was a spur of the moment decision to go that morning before leaving for work.

So, I unhooked the trailer with the mower from my Jeep, backed up, turned around, and backed back up to the trailer. As I was hooking the trailer back up I heard this weird animal sound in the woods close by. Although Iím pretty sure it was a coyote, it did sound a little more guttural than what Iím used to hearing from coyotes. Perhaps because it was so close? Still, weíve got a good bear population around there so I had to wonder. I sat there for a few minutes with the Jeep off, and my pistol close, but didnít hear or see anything else. I looped around and got to the camp from another direction and kept my pistol on my hip during my chores.

Sorry, I didnít see any bigfeet, but I was listening to some Little Feat while driving around!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180830_174233.jpg (121.4 KB, 173 views)
Old 09-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #44
Lucky13

Fat man in the bathtub? Or maybe Fool Yourself?

I was going to posyta u-tube of bigfoot dancing, but they were all terrible!
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:00 AM   #45
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

According to a Dr. Matthew Johnson from Utube they not only exist but have the ability to cloak themselves. He says there are two varieties. The Xanue who hail from another planet and relocated here because their sun was dying, and the Treykon who are a malevolent species who will attack and eat you if you stumble into their area. The Treykon were brought here millions of years ago to mine precious metals. The aliens who brought them abandoned them when the mining was completed and they have been here ever since. They have no supernatural cloaking abilities as the Xanue do. The Xanue are supposed to be benevolent creatures who seek to help mankind through physical healings. If you think this is far fetched you are correct, it is. But there are many people who believe it and claim to have been healed. Please don't take my word for it as these are not my ideas but can so many people be crazy? Check it out and decide for yourselves. "Team Squatchin USA" is his website. There are lots of websites claiming to have had experiences with this phenomenon. I am not going to even try to relate what these people claim because it is so far out there, it would make a great sci-fi movie, but could it be true? You decide.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #46
Justin
Moving along

For all our Adirondack Bigfoot enthusiasts out there...

http://bigfrog104.com/bigfoot-festivals
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #47
Lucky13

May have to break out the banjo for those!
Old 09-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #48
Banjoe

Quote:
May have to break out the banjo for those!
Good decision Lucky 13. Bigfoot and Unicorn Conventions are the only two places a banjo will actually be in tune.
Banjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:50 PM   #49
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoe View Post
Good decision Lucky 13. Bigfoot and Unicorn Conventions are the only two places a banjo will actually be in tune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEweOGUTznY
Old 09-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #50
SpencerVT

I have been obsessed with Bigfoot my entire adult life and my hiking nickname is Bigfoot. Nonetheless, I do not believe it exists.
It would be cool as hell though if it did, I want it to exist, but I'm afraid it just doesn't.
I would have seen it by now all the remote whacks I've done, haha!

"Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the camera, Bigfoots are just blurry"
-Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #51
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

According to the latest "research" Bigfoot does exist. It's existence "vibrates" at a higher level than humans, and that's why it is blurry on the camera. Also it has the ability to cloak itself. You're not seeking the right "expert" info. CHeck out "Team Squatchin USA.com . Well, YOU said you wanted it to exist, right? Go check it out.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #52
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

"

After 5 minutes or so, the rabbit died and the hawk flew away without his lunch.

It was an unpleasant experience.
Many men have become upset upon hearing that the "rabbit died".
Old 09-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #53
Lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoe View Post
It's possible to get a banjo in tune?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #54
DuctTape
Out of Shape

why all the hatin' on banjoes?

https://youtu.be/WS3Lkc6Gzlk

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #55
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
why all the hatin' on banjoes?

https://youtu.be/WS3Lkc6Gzlk
I love the banjo, and Bluegrass! And, the video of Steve Martin and Kermit doing Dueling Banjos!
Old 09-21-2018, 05:51 AM   #56
serotonin
ember

Bigfoot captured LIVE in Adirondacks w/Banjo!

and Kazoo!
The most pathetic and lamented instrument on our planet.

After further research, and a lucky bit of synchronicity, our experts have discovered and proven the truth.

Big foot has Big Ears, but tiny stripe-d socks.
All the better to hear you with, my dear.

Believers and non-believers alike, were left disappointed and shaken.
Even disturbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG6yYhcX6D8

Last edited by serotonin; 09-21-2018 at 06:03 AM..
serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:21 AM   #57
serotonin
ember

It's True; that was a mandolin.

Pay no attention to the prisons in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFnH8pkZj5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4pVOeNheg