Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the Explorer's defense fund close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the Explorer's defense fund close?

Does anyone know why the Explorer's legal defense fund, launched with such fanfare and enthusiasm, appears to have been closed, quietly and without explanation?

The page titled "Legal Defense Fund" no longer requests donations or even mentions the defense fund. I was expecting some update or explanation, but it seems there isn't one in the current issue and I haven't seen any updates elsewhere.

I thought I heard that they'd received enough money for the fund. But I'm not sure where I heard that... probably just hearsay.

Comment

Originally posted by DSettahr View Post
      I thought I heard that they'd received enough money for the fund. But I'm not sure where I heard that... probably just hearsay.
      That was my initial thought, but if that were the case I'd think they'd proudly announce it and thank all who donated. Also, at this early stage I think it would be very difficult to determine how much is enough, especially when the damages the other side is seeking are their legal fees.

Comment

I seem to remember reading an article in the latest AE explaining that the fund was suffisciently filled...or maybe it was in one of Phil's blogs

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
          I seem to remember reading an article in the latest AE explaining that the fund was suffisciently filled...or maybe it was in one of Phil's blogs
          That was my initial assumption, and I mentioned it at the end of the thread about the AG stepping in. If you have a link to where you saw the explanation for the closure, it'd be great if you could post it here.

Comment

Working...
          X