This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anothersteve View Post
    Politics - National and World politics are not topics for discussion in this forum, period. The only political discussion allowed is on topics as they relate directly to the management and use of the Adirondack park (i.e. DEC issues, new regulations, etc.).

Just Saying.
    Later, Steve
    Nice quote from the rules....and you just proved why I deleted the post about the Supreme Court, which clearly falls into one of the quoted categories and not the other. Also see post number 2 above...
    “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

Politics - National and World politics are not topics for discussion in this forum, period. The only political discussion allowed is on topics as they relate directly to the management and use of the Adirondack park (i.e. DEC issues, new regulations, etc.).

Just Saying.
      Later, Steve
      " new regulation" "use of the park" . I guess relevance is relative.
      "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by geogymn View Post
        " new regulation" "use of the park" . I guess relevance is relative.
        I deleted the offending post...and it nothing to do with either.
        “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

Originally posted by WinterWarlock View Post
          I deleted the offending post...and it nothing to do with either.
          The "offending post? With all due respect, exactly why was it offensive?
          Later, Steve

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

-- John F. Kennedy

Comment

The "offending post? With all due respect, exactly why was it offensive?
            Later, Steve

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

-- John F. Kennedy
            First, there's no revolution here, so don't bother quoting JFK. Second, offending does not mean the same thing as offensive. As moderator, I decided that your post violated the rules as outlined above.

The other mods suggested we close all gun threads, knowing the potential for problems. I suggested we leave them open and keep them on point. If you'd like, we can close this now, or return to the topic at hand. Your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterWarlock View Post
              First, there's no revolution here, so don't bother quoting JFK. Second, offending does not mean the same thing as offensive. As moderator, I decided that your post violated the rules as outlined above.

The other mods suggested we close all gun threads, knowing the potential for problems. I suggested we leave them open and keep them on point. If you'd like, we can close this now, or return to the topic at hand. Your choice.
              The JFK quote was not meant for revolution "here". You took that completly out of context. It is naive of you and the other mods to think there would be a non political discussion on SAFE when this thread was started. I realize this is a private forum and is not covered under the 1st Amendment, so you can do as you will. I took an oath when I joined the Navy, to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. That oath did not become null and void at the end of my service. I will make known my feelings and beliefs, and fight for them till my last breath, and not worry about the consequences.
              You sir can do as you feel necessary also, you have that right as an American.
              Later, Steve

Comment

I, too, was in the Navy. This isn't about defending the Constitution, it's about following the rules I asked folks to follow, which for the most part was done.

Until now.

Sorry to everyone else, but that's enough on this thread. As before, if you have something relevant to add, PM me and I can open it again.

Comment

The SAFE Act, while certainly an interesting topic, has very little relevance to ADK related issues, therefore is not allowed for discussion. It's a LONGSTANDING rule, and one that isn't up for discussion.

Thanks for understanding.
                  "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Comment

Working...
                  X