Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could only own 10 albums the rest of your life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by serotonin View Post
    Come with me, and walk the Longest Mile.
    TheROCKnROLLunited ™ claims no copyright for the posted material.All rights belong to the original songwriters, performers, and record label (if applicable...

Use up my Gas. Burn out my Clutch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42yUeYKNYck
    Yes!
    Clutch rocks!
    Elephant Riders is one of my favorite albums!
    I've seen them live a few times...kick ass band!
    The Bakerton Group too.

Comment

I just remembered that I was going to do this years ago and totally forgot...

The Replacements: Let it be (Fav. Song: Sixteen Blue)
      Slowdive: Souvlaki space station (Song: When the Sun hits)
      Dinosaur Jr.: You're living all over me (Song: Sludgefeast)
      Pavement: Wowee Zowee (Song: Father to a sister of thought)
      Uncle Tupelo: March 16-20, 1992 (Song: Sandusky)
      Son Volt: Trace (Song: Tear Stained Eye)
      Neutral Milk Hotel: In the Aeroplane over the sea (Song: In the..)
      Mac Demarco: Salad Days (Song: Passing out Pieces)
      Guided by Voices: Bee Thousand (Song: Gold Star for robot boy)
      The War on Drugs: Slave Ambient (Song: Come to the City)

Honorable Mentions:
      Joy Division: Closer
      New Order: Power, Corruption, and Lies
      REM: Murmur
      Husker Du: Zen Arcade
      Sun Kil Moon: Benji

Yes, I'm stuck in the 80's and 90's.

Comment

CW- Nice to see Neutral Milk on your list. I love that song as well.
        “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
        ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Glen, regardless of what VT says about you, you're OK in my book if you like NMH! A couple years ago after Mangum came out of his semi-retirement, he had a US tour of very small venues. I was lucky enough to see him at a local college, playing in a church of all places. The whole crowd sang along to In the aeroplane over the sea, kids 1/2 my age knew every word. Great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Creekwader View Post
            Glen, regardless of what VT says about you, you're OK in my book if you like NMH! A couple years ago after Mangum came out of his semi-retirement, he had a US tour of very small venues. I was lucky enough to see him at a local college, playing in a church of all places. The whole crowd sang along to In the aeroplane over the sea, kids 1/2 my age knew every word. Great time.
            Thanks CW. It's not easy taking all this abuse from him. And I'm his mentor!

If you haven't already, check out some tracks from the following;

Edwin Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
            Father John Misty
            Courtney Barnett
            Dan Auerbach (from the Black Keys but check out the acoustic stuff like Goin' Home)
            Novella
            Charlie Hilton (100 Million)

I enjoy listening to most genres, and have my favorites from my youth (Zep, Doors, CSN, Cream, Floyd, Tull, etc.) but I continue to be amazed at some of the great stuff coming out on alternative radio.
            “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
            ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
              Thanks CW. It's not easy taking all this abuse from him. And I'm his mentor!

If you haven't already, check out some tracks from the following;

Edwin Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
              Father John Misty
              Courtney Barnett
              Dan Auerbach (from the Black Keys but check out the acoustic stuff like Goin' Home)
              Novella
              Charlie Hilton (100 Million)

I enjoy listening to most genres, and have my favorites from my youth (Zep, Doors, CSN, Cream, Floyd, Tull, etc.) but I continue to be amazed at some of the great stuff coming out on alternative radio.

A strong WFUV influence?

Comment

Another HM: John Williams soundtracks to Steven Spielberg movies; Indian Jones, Jaws, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X