Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Outdoors Related Discussion > GPS Navigation, Maps, and Orienteering
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
Pattern_Recognition

Avenza PDF map app

Hi all, this is my first post here at the ADK forum. I'm planning a 3- to 4-day trip in to the High Peaks Wilderness area, with the hopes of ascending several peaks around the Marcy Dam area (Phelps, Table Top, and Wright Peak; possibly Algonquin and Marcy as well, depending on the weather).

I wanted to know if anyone here has had experience using the Avenza pdf map app on their excursions in the daks? I've had a lot of success using it on my iPhone on trips through Harriman State Park and the Catskills, but that was with NY-NJ Trail Conference maps, which are much more functional than the NYDEC Adirondack map, which is the only map of the area I've been able to find so far that works with Avenza. Also, if anyone has links to other PDFs maps of the region, I would love to check them out, especially topo maps with labeled lean-tos, and such.
Pattern_Recognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #2
PDF Maps

PDF Maps app and maps

If you let us know where we might obtain some maps of the area we can look at putting them in our map store.
email us at pdfmaps@avenza.com

Last edited by PDF Maps; 01-21-2015 at 07:49 AM..
PDF Maps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
MTVhike

Are you (at Avenza) talking about paper or electronic maps?
MTVhike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avenza, nydec map