Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Adirondack Firetowers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2017, 02:11 AM   #1
Lonehiker

Kane Mountain South Trail

Did the Kane Mountain Hunting Club close the south trail from School House Rd? I notice new posted signs all along the trail. The way they are oriented on the trees at the state boundary gives the impression that they don't want anyone using it anymore.
Lonehiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
mohawk
chief

Reverted back to private property status. No more access from there.
mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Lonehiker

I keep checking on its progress. The trail closed and posted signs keep getting worse and worse. The trail entrance has been blocked by brush. Its done for. So much for the residences there using it religiously every day, and Canada Lake Protection members telling me that the hunting club doesn't care about its use. I was told that this summer. I'm going to miss that trail, it was my favorite. I liked the quick, but challenging climb. I liked seeing the lakes through the trees as I ascended the mountain and seeing that hemlock forest on the left close to the top.

Last edited by Lonehiker; 09-11-2017 at 01:13 AM..
Lonehiker is offline   Reply With Quote